support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones I bought British? - Trevor James 10% off till 12/7/16 sax.co.uk

bluebossa

So for anyone watching my little Alto / Tenor Saga - an update and new thread.

I got the Used Selmer Bundy II Alto (other post) - which was advertised as a Selmer Bundy II Tenor - refunded and money back, so took a deep breath and decided to upgrade and treat myself and get out of the second hand game. After all I'm planning to keep this one and still mourn the loss of my Yamaha, which I bought new and sold before emigrating.
Lifes too short etc etc - self justification.

I researched a few instruments - Yamaha student models YTS, Conn-Selmer and Jupiter, then just rang and ordered via sax.co.uk over the phone, to get some expert advice.

As I'm remote - the usual see what fits you, try them in a shop wasn't going to work and prices in Dubai are outrageous - A retailer here for instance is selling the Class II Trevor James starter model for £1,000 which retails for £750 in the UK.

A lovely chap called Phil, talked me up to an alternative Trevor James - SR model - which is RRP £1,979,
British designed and setup - manufactured in Taiwan - but described as an Intermediate plus model.

Because I'm in the UAE - I decided to pounce on the advantage of a better Exchange rate and the lack of VAT which somewhat overcomes the £240 courier charges - ouch, hope it flies first class.
Sorry but someone had to benefit from Brexit!
Don't hate me...

In the end I got a great Sax - that Sax.co.uk are further discounting by 10% until the end of tomorrow, under a "Best of British" campaign - so I thought I'd let others know

- I think therefore it retails at £1,199 less 10% - but of course I got 20% VAT off.
Hopefully that sorts it and get's me a good Sax at a decent price... Should be on a plane to me soon...

Can't wait!

I'm sure you'll be happy with it - a good bit better than the Bundy, in my view. I've had a couple of Trevor James saxes (and very nearly once bought a very expensive Signature Custom one) and I think they're very good.

I'm sure you'll be happy with it - a good bit better than the Bundy, in my view. I've had a couple of Trevor James saxes (and very nearly once bought a very expensive Signature Custom one) and I think they're very good.

Thanks Jon - yep for just over a Grand looks like a good Horn - will report if all goes well..
I just worked out I saved around £500 over buying it locally, after Shipping... Feels like a good investment already with the "Pro" heritage.
Setup in Kent I believe...

Had a silver SR alto dropped off at the house on the weekend and I'm very happy with it, I'm sure you'll be happy with yours. It's going to be my new besty until I get my hands on that elusive silver signature custom.

@Jules I was about to fix the typo, but I can't work out what it should be.
Drink some good Italian red wine, have two of my kids sitting on me and then try and write a post on my android phone without wearing my glasses… spot the flaw in that plan!

The point still stands- we are duty bound to ensure anyone buying receives a sax in to playing condition

That's the same Tenor as I've got. I also bought new from sax.co.uk. I've been happy with it, only niggle I've had is that one of the screws constantly works itself loose while I'm playing - I have to take a screwdriver on stage with me at gigs!

Will do - good trick, been watching the despatch and magically it arrived in Dubai today via Standsted, then Germany, should be delivered for signature tomorrow or so it says online which will be amazing - 3 days.

Will report, post pics and vids - looking forward to it and lined up around 20 backing tracks to play/learn.

2 Days End to End... UPS with tracking - cool.

DUBAI, AE 14/07/2016 14:44 Delivered
14/07/2016 5:09 Out for Delivery
14/07/2016 3:08 Import Scan
14/07/2016 1:55 Arrival Scan
14/07/2016 1:50 Departure Scan
Dubai, United Arab Emirates 13/07/2016 13:22 Arrival Scan
Koeln, Germany 13/07/2016 4:58 Departure Scan
13/07/2016 0:51 Arrival Scan
Stansted, United Kingdom 12/07/2016 22:50 Departure Scan
12/07/2016 22:15 Export Scan
12/07/2016 21:10 Arrival Scan
Crawley, United Kingdom 12/07/2016 19:25 Departure Scan