PPT mouthpieces

Effect of virus fears

BD5405AE-9DE8-4054-86B4-7E5F809EC6ED.jpeg

I hope nobody is offending by this. It’s intention is humour.

Whatever anyone thinks of how the Chinese played the virus down in the first couple of weeks, whatever you think of the way the Italians and the Spanish handled their own outbreaks, whatever you think of the way the British government has operated, no matter how bad (or good) you think these things might be, please, think yourselves lucky that Donald Trump is not in charge here.

Total recorded cases as of this moment:

Italy: 86,498
Spain: 64,059
China: 81,340
UK: 14,543

USA: 100,390
New York State alone has nearly 45,000 cases.

Source: United States Coronavirus: 100,392 Cases and 1,543 Deaths - Worldometer

And Trump wants to reopen the States at Easter! I wouldn't want to be an American in the USA. I also think that all flights from the USA should be stopped immediately. NO ONE should be allowed in from the USA until they take this seriously at the topmost level (fat chance of that until the figure reaches > 200,000).

PS I know the above may sound political but it is borne out of genuine anguish about how the Amercans are [not]coping with this situation and how it might affect us here in the UK.

Admins: If this is too contentious feel free to edit or delete,

Last edited:
(fat chance of that until the figure reaches > 200,000).

Give it a week or so at the current rate, probably less. Way over 1M worldwide by then too.

The good news is that the number of new daily cases in Italy is no longer growing... Small victory, but a progress still. Breaking the pattern!

It's a good time to wear swimming trunks, wear dress shoes, and to read a book.
20200326-205049-1.jpg

I need to shave my legs...
That book looks like it is about Retirement home planning and written in 'Big Coloured Letters' for someone going a bit ga-ga'.

Your perception is exactly correct.
My wife and I live in a retirement village and it is pretty good here, especially in the current crisis. Lots of other people do all the worrying for us while I just have fun playing my sax and whatever else I want to do! :)

For my UK friends, We were disheartened to learn of your Prime Minister's hospitalization.
Will there be someone else overseeing things during his hospitalization?
Again, I hope all of you are doing well. My county has lost five to the virus. Ohio has 4000 cases and 119 lost so far.
I've been practicing on my own but our director contacted me about the opportunity for online lesson. Of course, I will be taking advantage of that.

The health factor is only half of the monster.
Of course, all of my March-May engagements canceled. Like millions of others, my day job facility has closed.
We will have an economic crisis or complete economic collapse. This country will face the largest economic downturn in history.
I've sharted shooting animals in my backyard and putting them in the freezer. Next week, I'm starting a garden and stocking up on cheap wine.

The health factor is only half of the monster.
Of course, all of my March-May engagements canceled. Like millions of others, my day job facility has closed.
We will have an economic crisis or complete economic collapse. This country will face the largest economic downturn in history.
I've sharted shooting animals in my backyard and putting them in the freezer. Next week, I'm starting a garden and stocking up on cheap wine.
Typical human reaction, if in doubt kill something.
As the virus originated from some human eating an animal, good luck, though you might be better keeping yourself amused while confined playing russian roulette.
Such a pity vegetarians aren't immune from catching it from people.