support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Beginner Sax Does my brand new Sax have a fault?

Hypnoswan

Locality
Netherlands
Having started on the Yamaha 280 tenor I just bought a YTS 62.

However I’m still very much a beginner and have concerns about this Sax that perhaps someone can help with: I noticed the bell does not seem square and also some of the pads (the ones that are closed in resting position) make a sound like when you open your mouth, I.e. they sound sticky.

Is this normal?

It sounds ok when playing to my very inexperience ear but are these points mentioned indicators of potential problems later?

thanks
8080AA46-CA01-4DC5-A4A7-A1CE67763A31.jpeg
0AE257EC-3425-4610-B774-C11DAB6CB3F8.jpeg

When you gotta go you gotta go. I can't even "hold it" for a photograph these days. Sorry...must run.

Vote:
Upvote 0
I certainly find it much harder to during a pint of water since turning 65 a few years ago. Now, lager, different all together.

Vote:
Upvote 0
Thank you for that assurance and congrats on your 62 purple purchase.

Good tips though Indeed I always do wash my mouth, cleanse the gnashers mine, etc and always have done since me first parp on me hooter: it seemed a given but that’s perhaps an assumption informed by my pre-retirement skill-set and possibly augmented by Covid cautions.
:eek:
;)
Yes I am loving the 62. Not without its challenges though. The latest is a bouncing crook octave key!

Vote:
Upvote 0
When you gotta go you gotta go. I can't even "hold it" for a photograph these days. Sorry...must run.
Gotta say: saw palmetto -tincture- makes a big difference to that particular problem in my experience, much better than powdered in tablets or pills

Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom