supportTutorialsCDsPPT mouthpieces

M/Pieces - Ligs Does anyone know

OP
E

eb424

Right... I love this pace so much experience but.... I know that I am a newbie to the sax scene and I also know the difficulties using multiple mpcs is going to bring. I am not suffering from gas or thinking that a mpc will make me a star player...that is going to take the hard work and dedication that hopefully I put in. Does no one remember trying to find the mpc they want because it gives them the sound ,/ tone they want and the one that came with the sax doesn't do it. I was given the mpc above ( yani ) by my late tutors wife, I thought it would be nice to try and play it..it's to tight, my sax came with a vintage soloist c** I don't like it. I want either And ideally one mpc that hits high and low so bought the kanee Florida.. love it but wanted to see if I'd get on with metal so bought an otto link ( used): and a brilhart used unsure on the otto link think I like it but have to find the right reed. Love the brilhart it will be great for ska if I can find any music but not so good generically. As you can hopefully see there is method in the madness I've only bought 3 mpcs 2 metal 1 ebonite in search of my tone I have every intention of picking and playing one of them. You guys have been through this huh or should I call the men in the white coats.

tenorviol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Tone comes with time. In the early stages, what you need is a reliable mpc that you can get on with. That’s why the Yamaha 4C is popular. When you’ve developed you can branch out and try various ones.

OP
E

eb424

Tone comes with time. In the early stages, what you need is a reliable mpc that you can get on with. That’s why the Yamaha 4C is popular. When you’ve developed you can branch out and try various ones.
Thanks but moved away from that mpc a year ago.. I probably meant sound as opposed to tone..

saxyjt

I have saxophone withdrawal symptoms
Subscriber
I can see a logic in your thinking! Ska, Madness... So far I follow you. :w00t:

I've been there, a few years ago... :confused:

If you don't like the soloist, sell it. It must be worth something. I need to start clearing mouthpiece inventory. I probably have 20 or more that I will never use again. :rolleyes:

Colin the Bear

Your sound comes from you. The gear lets you be you. You can't buy your sound. You have to earn it. Four hours a day for a decade should start you down the right path. ;)

Hassles

Thanks Colin the bear i can at leste mail them now nd find out. Its a no 3 cant get a note out of the thing...LOL.. But there again..
If you can't get out a note try a much softer reed OR a much more resistant reed. Yanagisawa only started making mouthpieces as many of their customers were complaining about the difficulty of finding a decent mouthpiece - apparently. Yani' mouthpieces are usually regarded for their quality. If you do not have the capacity to measure or guesstimate the tip opening try softer / harder reeds.

OP
E

eb424

Hi Hassles and thanks its a 3* old mouthpiece... I didnt buy it it ws given to me by my late sax tutors wife i have o managed to get it to ply with a 2h daddario it sounds ok but i wouldnt choose it. I might just give it back it should be played and not stuck in a box somewhere..

Top Bottom