• Several a year

Votes: 28 87.5%
  • Rarely

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Never or Almost Never

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My preferred book by Umberto Eco is 'Baudolino' and the one I read painfully although I love the Pacific ocean is 'The island of the day before'. I probably missed the plot completely...

'posthuman technology' ? What is that ?
disney-pixar-wall-e-1.jpg

As well as the genres I mentioned in my earlier post I also love reading travel and nature books and also collections of short stories.

Rhys

Yup sometimes......!!

@lissa you should at least introduce yourself. Check the Doorbell section. :rolleyes:

As well as the genres I mentioned in my earlier post I also love reading travel and nature books and also collections of short stories.

Rhys

Have you heard of Sylvain Tesson? I don't know if his books are available in English, but he's great. Exactly in that space. A world traveller and adventurer with some real language skills that may not translate well, unless the translator is skilled too!

This might get you started!

@lissa you should at least introduce yourself. Check the Doorbell section. :rolleyes:

Have you heard of Sylvain Tesson? I don't know if his books are available in English, but he's great. Exactly in that space. A world traveller and adventurer with some real language skills that may not translate well, unless the translator is skilled too!

This might get you started!
Ok I will....!!

Now that we got what we wanted, I posted my favorite fiction book in the new section. We live in exciting times. It's 8 AM, I need to wait until the neighbors leave for work and school before the morning practice session.

I like to read at bedtime. Helps me to switch off from the daily grind of working in IT with all the utter madness that entails. I read IT papers and endless pages on websites all day long trying to figure out some new tech, so I want something fictional for entertainment. I want to be grabbed but not 'disturbed'. I recently started reading Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale but find it a bit too disturbing for just before sleep.

The 15 Lives of Harry August was a good recent read.

I like to read at bedtime. Helps me to switch off from the daily grind of working in IT with all the utter madness that entails. I read IT papers and endless pages on websites all day long trying to figure out some new tech, so I want something fictional for entertainment. I want to be grabbed but not 'disturbed'. I recently started reading Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale but find it a bit too disturbing for just before sleep.

The 15 Lives of Harry August was a good recent read.
I like to read before I go to sleep too. Very helpful in relaxation.

I recently started reading Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale but find it a bit too disturbing for just before sleep.
I know what you mean. Dystopia seems a little close to home these days! Oryx and Crake was another Margaret Atwood novel I....well, I was going to say enjoyed...maybe appreciated is a better word!

I don't own a TV or have Netflix. I prefer to read instead. I get through about 3-4 books a week. English language novels and thrillers mostly. I usually borrow them from my local library or via the collective E-book library.

It always amazes me that I read so many surprisingly good books by - to me - 'unknown authors'..If there's a book sub-forum, I might post a few of the ones I enjoyed most..

Mike

Back
Top Bottom