Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Never or Almost Never

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

randulo

Playing alto since 2018
Subscriber
Do you read books in any form, hardcover, paperback, on an e-book reader, online, on a tablet or phone?
  • Fiction, non-fiction, saxophone or music only, cheap detective novels, sci-fi, romance, western, mystery, self-help, cooking?
  • Novels, anthologies, essay collections, tech manuals (like books about Photoshop and such)?

I just ordered a hardcover book to try to get back into reading, because I read one novel in the past year. I also have saxophone and music books, but I didn't read any of them all the way through in any given time. An author friend gives me books, none of which I have gotten far into. It's a little like giving a musician music. It doesn't always work out.

Hipparion

Usually when I read a book it doesn't last: if I like it I will read it very fast, and if I don't like it I will just stop after a few chapters. And between two books there can be quite some time of doing a lot of 'other stuff' (sometimes not as interesting or productive as reading a book actually), especially since I don't really hunt for the next read. I have piles of books in the waiting list as well... mostly sci-fi.

Too bad actually, I really enjoy a good read !
Lets' have a look at that waiting list...

changy

I read every now and then. I think when I buy a book from Readings I don't normally finish it unless it's super interesting.

Of course, having some alone time on the balcony with a bottle of cola and a book is always a nice feel on a summer day.

Wonko

I like to read (mostly science fiction and fantasy, but some other genres as well).
But the last few years were very slow on that front .....
I have 2 books by Terry Pratchett that I always take along when we go on holiday. The last 2 or 3 years I take the same book because I haven't managed to read more than a few pages ......
I do read a lot on-line. Mostly functional stuff like information on places where we go on holyday, information on stuff that we want to buy, ......

Halfers

Finger Flapper
Subscriber
As 'several a year' was the highest answer available, I went for that.

Mainly Non Fiction these days, but I've generally got a Fiction or two on the go. Whether I finish it is another thing..

randulo

Playing alto since 2018
Subscriber
I have enjoyed Carl Hiaasen's books, and the last one I read was one of his. If you saw the movie "Skinny Dip", he wrote that novel. Am I mistaken, or is there a book section in this forum, as there is a TV and Movies one? (I saw the Teaching books one.) Unless I missed it, I think it might be cool to have a Books with a saxophone section and a non-music book section. Anyone think this is too much? I'd "contribute" a few right away.

Last edited:

thomsax

I read a lot. And I like to write as well. Books, magazines ... . Last year I've been reading blues lyrics (Willie Dixon .. that kind of stuff) and translate the lyrics to Scanish (rural). Scanish is a form of East Danish so we talk differnt compared to Swedish and Danish. Some interesting books:
books.jpg

Halfers

Finger Flapper
Subscriber
I like to read (mostly science fiction and fantasy, but some other genres as well).
But the last few years were very slow on that front .....
I have 2 books by Terry Pratchett that I always take along when we go on holiday. The last 2 or 3 years I take the same book because I haven't managed to read more than a few pages ......
I do read a lot on-line. Mostly functional stuff like information on places where we go on holyday, information on stuff that we want to buy, ......
I like a bit of Sci-Fi and Fantasy. I go through stages of reading series of books by Authors. I'd never read a Terry Pratchett book until yesterday when the 1st of the Discworld books arrived through the door.

GCinCT

Seeker of truth and beauty
Subscriber
I read daily. I go through a book about every 3 weeks. I like sci-fi, spy novels and I love biographies. I'm currently reading one about Bud Powell.

U CAN CALL ME AL

Subscriber
E-reader crime, contemporary and historical fiction. Currently “The Name of the Rose” Umberto Eco. Hindered by my lack of Latin knowledge.

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom