support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Derbyshire to New Zealand

SaxinNZ

Hi guys and gals... moved to NZ from the UK couple of years ago, have 'tinkered around' with the sax for three years, now want to make some time to actually learn how to play it! I will be a regular visitor here, looking for words of wisdom, encouragement, support, on-line tuition, and a 24 hour helpline (bit like joining the AA)... Thank you all in anticipation.:D

Na ...I joined the AA and I've been thirsty ever since! Welcome to the Cafe, no doubt Jimu (Visionari1) will say Hi, he too, ran away from our beautiful shores for the mountains and Maori's some years ago! I cant think why, I mean whats New Zealand got that we haven't? Oh yes, a population ratio of about one person to one hundred sheep! ;} :D
Enjoy the Cafe and welcome.

Na ...I joined the AA and I've been thirsty ever since! Welcome to the Cafe, no doubt Jimu (Visionari1) will say Hi, he too, ran away from our beautiful shores for the mountains and Maori's some years ago! I cant think why, I mean whats New Zealand got that we haven't? Oh yes, a population ratio of about one person to one hundred sheep! ;} :D
Enjoy the Cafe and welcome.

Hi Taz (AKA Pete)…

Thanks for that. And yes, it was “that” AA I was thinking too!... I guess I will need a designated ‘buddy’ that I can call 24-7, for example if I get the sweats and shivers when I see a Sax that I think I must buy but cant afford….. :)

Thanks for the welcome/s guys and gals....and hey Luluna, don't put it on your bucket list, put it on your 'do it tomorrow list'!!:D

G'day All.

Yup, one never knows when tomorrow's list, may become a bucket list and no one wants that!

My list says do it now, live like there's no tomorrow.

Hi there Derbyshire, I've been to Chatswood, less than 10 miles from here, in NZ (we have a Thorpe and a Dovedale), of which I'm told are also in Derbyshire, UK!

My Sister lives in Chch, so I might just bring my Naked lady for you to drool over......(of course my Naked lady is a 1935 Conn Alto)

With your wordly passions...this may be too much for you!

Anyway Cheers from the posh North.

Ciao
Jimu:mrcool:

Hi Jimu

Maybe you were thinking of Chatsworth (Chatsworth House), and yes, Thorpe and Dovedale……… if I miss anything from the UK, this is it. There are some beautiful places in the Peak District (Derbyshire). I would say they rival anything here in NZ.

“My Sister lives in Chch, so I might just bring my Naked lady for you to drool over......(of course my Naked lady is a 1935 Conn Alto)

By all means Jimu come down… I would like nothing more than to drool over your naked lady…. As you mentioned previously about you playing naked from the rooftop, you are welcome to have a bash at our place. We are pretty close to state highway one though, and it could all get a bit interesting. Might even make the local press, in fact I’m sure it would. It would certainly be more of a scoop than the usual… “odd shaped vegetable” competitions, or the big story we had recently “Sticky fingered thief steals pot of jam from unattended market stall”

Hey how about this, make it a weekend when folk are out ‘n’ about, and I could set up a stall by the roadside and charge people to see the naked guy playing the Sax on the rooftop….I’d cut you in for say 30% what do ya think huh?

Anyway Cheers from the posh North.”

Cheers Jimu (from down the smoke)………:D

Hi Jimu

Maybe you were thinking of Chatsworth (Chatsworth House), and yes, Thorpe and Dovedale……… if I miss anything from the UK, this is it. There are some beautiful places in the Peak District (Derbyshire). I would say they rival anything here in NZ.

“My Sister lives in Chch, so I might just bring my Naked lady for you to drool over......(of course my Naked lady is a 1935 Conn Alto)

By all means Jimu come down… I would like nothing more than to drool over your naked lady…. As you mentioned previously about you playing naked from the rooftop, you are welcome to have a bash at our place. We are pretty close to state highway one though, and it could all get a bit interesting. Might even make the local press, in fact I’m sure it would.

Hey how about this, make it a weekend when folk are out ‘n’ about, and I could set up a stall by the roadside and charge people to see the naked guy playing the Sax on the rooftop….I’d cut you in for say 30% what do ya think huh?

Nah 50/50 if your naked too!, I need to wear a hat, a clown nose & a sax strap, so technically not naked, although both my saxes qualify as naked, one is even a blessing in disguise...... How's the view from the roof

Anyway Cheers from the posh North.”

Cheers Jimu (from down the smoke)………:D

I don't visit sis so often, would need to coincide roof gazing with a traditional Canterbury Norwester other than that..it's all on (or off as the case may be)...Mate!

Cheers from rural Nirvana, where there's real dung on the road & fresh most days.

Ciao
Jimu:mrcool

Last edited by a moderator:

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom