support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Accessories Dave Guardala strap.

mpjbiker

Locality
Hastings, East Sussex
Hi all, a while back I acquired a gold-plated (gasp!) DG strap with a horn I bought. However, cos the hook is metal, I've been reluctant to try it in case it causes wear and damage to the sling hook. Am I being paranoid? I'd quite like to try it, cos the nice leather neck strap looks comfortable, but metal on metal, gold or not......? Anyone using one?
Cheers!

My current slings all have metal hooks. One plastic hook snapped and the other wore through, so I'm back to metal. If the hook has a round cross section there shouldn't be any noticeable wear. Some of the old hooks were stamped out and square in section with sharp burrs. If it looks sharp you could wrap it with self amalgamating tape or sleeve it with something.

Or............

The hook on the Jazzlab Saxholder neatly solves the issues of plastic vs steel (plastic over steel therefore strong and non-scratchy) as well as a number of others such as easy clip-on, secure clip-on, easy one-handed release and then we can add non slip cords, easy length adjustment, secure non-painful shoulder rests and last but not least anything tenor-weight or less makes the instrument seem to float in front of you (the bari probably floats in a sense but it's too large an instrument to say floaty things about)

I mention it because I'm still pleased with it

Or............

The hook on the Jazzlab Saxholder neatly solves the issues of plastic vs steel (plastic over steel therefore strong and non-scratchy) as well as a number of others such as easy clip-on, secure clip-on, easy one-handed release and then we can add non slip cords, easy length adjustment, secure non-painful shoulder rests and last but not least anything tenor-weight or less makes the instrument seem to float in front of you (the bari probably floats in a sense but it's too large an instrument to say floaty things about)

I mention it because I'm still pleased with it

I love mine except if I bend down and then it lifts off my shoulders :(

Jx

I love mine except if I bend down and then it lifts off my shoulders :(

Jx
Bend from the knees, not forwards. Bending forwards with a weight around your neck is asking for back trouble, even with an alto.

Bend from the knees, not forwards. Bending forwards with a weight around your neck is asking for back trouble, even with an alto.

I do bend my knees but the sax rests on them and pushes the strap off my shoulders :)

Jx

Back
Top Bottom