support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Colourful Posts

Funny, because my cream here...resembles nothing of the color used in the painting.

Nor does it resemble Crown's Cream.

So....what cream is it ? ;)

So many Creams, so little time.....

IMGP0940.jpg

(Imagine the fun we could have with something like...Tilapia)

;)

Photographic reproduction then viewed on a screen is hardly likely to be perfect. If the artists states he used cream then he used cream.

Hmmmn, @nigeld
according to my Digital Colour Meter that's more like somewhere between Lemon Chiffon and LightGoldenRod Yellow
Hex #FEF6D2

Cream does go off you know - so do eggs - I found a bad one in our fridge yesterday evening.
The egg fell apart, disintegrated between my fingers as I attempted to throw it in the garbage.
The yolk had changed from yellow to dark brown.
Spent at least an hour cleaning the fridge and the kitchen floor and had to power couch with open windows, watching the friday night Blues & music programs on BBC 4.
Life can be so colourful albeit a little smelly sometimes.

Life can be so colourful albeit a little smelly sometimes.
Which reminds me of the after effects of a curry I ate in Delhi in the 1960's . . .
Sorry it's Saturday night an' I aint got a gig today . . . I'll go and peel the potatoes and behave myself for a change.
Wishing you all a relaxing evening, put yer feet up, don't forget to put the clocks back, and sweet colourful dreams. ;)

Which reminds me of the after effects of a curry I ate in Delhi in the 1960's . . .
Sorry it's Saturday night an' I aint got a gig today . . . I'll go and peel the potatoes and behave myself for a change.
Wishing you all a relaxing evening, put yer feet up, don't forget to put the clocks back, and sweet colourful dreams. ;)
Come back, you have to tell the story now! It's ok I've eaten :)

Jx

Photoshop? Or does it really look like this?

Anyone been to Zhangye Danxia National Geologic Park
https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Ftrevornace%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F03%2Frainbow-mountains-1-1200x800.jpg

Now that is colourful :)

Jx

We were going to go there, then Laurie found that maybe the tourist brochures were ( "ahem") slightly touched up if you'll pardon the phrase.

We were going to go there, then Laurie found that maybe the tourist brochures were ( "ahem") slightly touched up if you'll pardon the phrase.
That would be disappointing....

Jx

. . . I'll go and peel the potatoes and behave myself for a change.
Hey...akshully....."Potato" would have been a more apt color name for that painting and swatch above than Cream, methinks....

(Gotta admit, tho I am a tad disappointed nobody picked up my Tilapia comment to inquire "is there a band named Tilapia ?"
Seemed it woulda been an obvious retort.... :()

My game, I set the rules! Any word used to describe paint is allowed :)

Jx
do you want more?

Red Norvo, Red Garland, Blue Mitchell, Clifford Brown, Grant Green, Blue Cheer, Maroon 5, Red Lorry Yellow Lorry, New Riders Of The Purple Sage, Joan Jett and The Blackhearts, Barry White, Frijid Pink, Green On Red, Yellow Magic Orchestra, Orange Juice, Red Krayola, Pink Fairies, White Zombie, Ariel Pink, Blue Orchids, Green Day, Al Green, Big Black, Flux Of Pink Indians, Deacon Blue, The Blue Nile, Goldfrapp, Yellowman, Indigo Girls, Black Grape, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Peter Green, The Legendary Pink Dots, Orange Goblin, Cee Lo Green, Leon Redbone, Bobby Brown, Black Flag, Macy Gray, Savoy Brown, Blue Rondo A La Turk, Red Kross, Black Oak Arkansas, Rose Royce, Pink, Cilla Black, Blue Aeroplanes

Hey...akshully....."Potato" would have been a more apt color name for that painting and swatch above than Cream, methinks....

Do you have clotted cream in the US? It's a pretty good match to Rodda's..

Do you have clotted cream in the US? It's a pretty good match to Rodda's..
Only at specialty stores....the kind that also sell Spotted Dick, if memory serves....

....and I cannot conjure up what it might look like, admittedly....

do you want more?

Red Norvo, Red Garland, Blue Mitchell, Clifford Brown, Grant Green, Blue Cheer, Maroon 5, Red Lorry Yellow Lorry, New Riders Of The Purple Sage, Joan Jett and The Blackhearts, Barry White, Frijid Pink, Green On Red, Yellow Magic Orchestra, Orange Juice, Red Krayola, Pink Fairies, White Zombie, Ariel Pink, Blue Orchids, Green Day, Al Green, Big Black, Flux Of Pink Indians, Deacon Blue, The Blue Nile, Goldfrapp, Yellowman, Indigo Girls, Black Grape, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Peter Green, The Legendary Pink Dots, Orange Goblin, Cee Lo Green, Leon Redbone, Bobby Brown, Black Flag, Macy Gray, Savoy Brown, Blue Rondo A La Turk, Red Kross, Black Oak Arkansas, Rose Royce, Pink, Cilla Black, Blue Aeroplanes
oooh, ooh...I mentioned Yellowman first !!!

(Then sorta wished I hadn't, because I subsequently websearched and caught up on what happened to that guy...poor guy.
Still touring, tho....)

Back
Top Bottom