support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Chinese Sops from Gear4music Soprano Saxophone Review

[I've split these posts out of the G4M sop review - Kev]

It's a soprano discussion so, as normal, I shall shout the corner of the older Fortissimo and the new Roy Benson sops.

Last edited by a moderator:
That`s not knocking Chinese horns in general as you infer, it`s stating a fact about a particular Chinese curved (I`ve seen one, there`s no way you can compare it to a Bauhaus either which IS chinese) ..

The difference with the kids is you can't not listen. On here you can skim and scroll past.
You can We need to check everything, as well as sort the fights out. Sometimes I feel like sending members to stand in the corner or go straight to bed without pud.

I think banning the pub would be more effective in most cases, if only I could enforce it

Right................gloves off! Banned from the pub!!! We'll all be good! An enjoyable part of this forum is that we can debate and discuss. Ads review was excellent and very useful to a "player" like myself. If, however, I wish to comment upon a point or issue there is always a passionate response regardless of which member it may be. That to me is refreshing and genuine and I embrace that feeling/passion/committment or whatever we call it.

I agree Prof, it is great to have a passionate discussion but sometimes discussions get out of hand and don't make for nice reading for other members. I always maintain that often a post can be read in a different tone to which it is written and often it depends who is doing the reading and writing.

Kev's comment "you sound just like my kids" pretty much hit the nail on the head re your earlier exchange. There was no malice or nastiness on either side of it and just a humorous comment from a reader.

However unfortunately sometimes members do get very heated and turn it in to something more and this is what Kev was referring to.

Jx

All of my short replies/posts are "tongue in cheek", my longer replies are genuine! It is very easy to misconstrue the meaning of a post/email as there are no emotive signals to comprehend.

In addition Ads where would I be without your love of Rats, Yams, Tick Logos and Elkhart sops?! Stuck alone with my infernal Typewriter!

Exactly - at least with your Martin addiction, you have Thomsax with you there, the Yam/Elkhart Posse have all left bar me :( ..

Oh, I like certain Selmers (SA80s, MkVIIs), Yani Sops (both types), I`d probably Really like a Keilwerth if I could find one with SA80 action (early SA8 Hanson?) and the RAW is great , just can`t afford a Big Bell XS Alto to go with my Yam (or an SA80 for that matter)

BTW as an aside . I`m still amazed you didn`t keep one of the committees instead of the Master ..

Last edited:
Exactly - at least with your Martin addiction, you have Thomsax with you there, the Yam/Elkhart Posse have all left bar me :( ..

BTW as an aside . I`m still amazed you didn`t keep one of the committees instead of the Master ..
I also have Altissimo! Only had one Committee which needed work, sold on this forum to a member. Sold one Imperial and have kept one. Lovely little horn, will never get my money back on her!

Just had a go on my Step 1500 - first blow in five months for me! Have forgotten more than I remember! Tendons are sore but working. I keep being more amd more impressed with Stephanhouser saxophones. Loud rich and deep tone, extremely well built, slick fast movement and very robust. Down side is they are heavy but that is OK for me. They really are a great buy. Plenty on eBay USA and even with shipping the 1500 (pro level horn) is still a bargain! Ads you would love them.

I I keep being more amd more impressed with Stephanhouser saxophones. Loud rich and deep tone, extremely well built, slick fast movement and very robust. Down side is they are heavy but that is OK for me. They really are a great buy. Plenty on eBay USA and even with shipping the 1500 (pro level horn) is still a bargain! Ads you would love them.

I`m sure I would , there`s one kicking around the UK for £400 which I`d have grabbed if I had a loose £400 but I needed to get my main Alto sorted (and get Lindsay a sop) . the Step sounds the kind of Super-SA80 I could ditch the Taiwanese Sak for but I`d really like an actual SA80, a Mk1

That is THE Rat . I partexed it for the Pruple 62 . that`s a steal if it goes for that money, the Tech work from Paul Carrington cost more than that .

Have I not enough Yams to keep you company :)

Jx

Back
Top Bottom