PPT mouthpieces

Recipes Chicken with Artichokes Quick Pasta Dish

Luluna

Café Supporter
Okay - if I can't whip it up in 30 minutes or less - preferably less - it won't get made at my house (4 kids+)....so here goes:

I've halved the recipe I normally use - this serves 4. If you want leftovers for next day's lunch, double up - this tastes even better the next day as a chilled pasta salad.

Ingredients:

~Coarse salt and ground pepper (to taste)
~1/4 cup all-purpose flour
~8 thin chicken cutlets (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
~2 tablespoons olive oil
~1 cup chicken broth (or 1/2 and 1/2 with white wine;})
~1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts packed in water (I sometimes use marinated), rinsed, drained, and quartered
~2 tablespoons rinsed and drained capers
~2 tablespoons butter
~8 ounces angel-hair pasta
~1/2 cup parsley leaves

Directions:

1. Set a large pot of salted water to boil. Place flour in a shallow dish, and season with salt and pepper. Dredge cutlets, shaking off excess. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Cook chicken in batches, adding remaining oil as needed, until light golden, 1 to 3 minutes per side; transfer to a dish.

2. Add broth to skillet (or half white wine/half broth), and bring to a boil; cook until reduced by half. Add artichokes, capers, and the chicken with any juices. Gently swirl to combine, and bring just to a boil. Remove skillet from heat. Swirl in butter, and cover to keep warm.

3. Add pasta to boiling water. Cook until al dente; drain. Serve chicken and sauce over pasta, topped with parsley.

Sounds really decent -must give it a try when the Wild Garlic season has subsided.

I assume "cutlets" = "pieces" and "broth" = "stock" in UK (proper English useage;})

Thanks for that!
Tom:cool:

I know what you mean Lori, not too hard to work out.
Tom's Welsh you know:(
Sounds delicious, all I gotta do now is get the missus to cook it:confused:

Back
Top Bottom