support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Check before you play

Kingsleyhk

Showed up to the gig after a long lunch - just a sitting in session in a local bar. Rushed on to the stage, got set up and played the first three numbers - quite well if I say so myself. My friends are frantically signaling me but I thought they were having a laugh - friends, eh? But my flies really were open.

Got a great round of applause when I zipped up - better than I've ever got for a solo.

Last edited by a moderator:
This reminds me of a gig I did at The Old Duke in Bristol a couple of years ago: I kept getting funny looks from people in the audience who were nudging each other and pointing my way etc. It was only in the break when I looked down to negotiate the step down from the stage, that I noticed I was wearing one black shoe and one brown! Duh!

I haven't had exactly that happen, but...

One time I was ready for a concert. I definitely zipped before I went out. Just before the concert I went to the bathroom and saw my zip open. Zippers can have a lot of different problems. One of those is when it seems to be working, the "thingie" grabs both sides, you hear it zip, but actually it doesn't connect the two sides. So that is what happened. The zip felt normal, sounded normal, but actually didn't work. I was trying to get a safety pin or something but couldn't find anything. Eventually I put the "thingi" (don't know the name in English) in the middle so it as closed as it could be. Luckily I also had a shirt that was just convering it (borderline when standing) and I was sitting (but did have get on and off the stage during the concert). No one noticed. If someone did, especially someone with a camera, then considering who I played with most likely I would have a photo of this in one of the papers...

I saw Rufus Thomas do the same thing about 1971. And he was wearing pink hot pants. He turned, zipped up and continued. You're in very good company.

This thread has reminded me of something which might or might not be accurate.
For those of you who were born or can remember that far back ,in the 60's was there a photograph of a musician, I think sitting with his musical instument, showing slightly more than he should.
It was supposed to be deliberate and you could only just see it.
Anyone remember it?

I used to wear a shirt when playing, though then discovered that sometimes the neck strap catches the buttons and pops them open, revealing quite a bit of bra lol.
I now make sure I have a top without buttons on when gigging or have a vest top on underneath.

I used to wear a shirt when playing, though then discovered that sometimes the neck strap catches the buttons and pops them open, revealing quite a bit of bra lol.
I now make sure I have a top without buttons on when gigging or have a vest top on underneath.
But are you male or female? :) :D :w00t:

Last edited by a moderator:
We've all done something similar, Playing a new venue I thought the acoustics we're very poor, hard to get any volume etc, until I spotted a yellow cleaning duster stuck in the Tenors bell!