All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Got the chance to play in a band!!

Nick Cook

Locality
Wokingham, Berks, UK
Over a year ago now, I registered with Musofinder.com as a beginner sax player and last week I got a reply from a chap wanting a sax player for a soul/RnB band he was starting up.

I replied saying ok and telling him my age and standard, and he still said ok!!!

He sent me some tunes to practise playing over, Move on Up - Curtis Mayfield, Hard to Handle - Otis Redding, and Hold on I'm Coming - Sam & Dave; and he's booked a rehearsal for this Thursday.

He also wanted a guitar player, so my son's coming along too!!

I'm getting nervous!!!

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Good luck, hope it goes well. Maybe next year for me...

Taz

Busking Oracle
Locality
Rugby UK
Go for it Nick, you'll have a blast!! :welldone:welldone

dooce

Locality
Daventry
He sent me some tunes to practise playing over, Move on Up - Curtis Mayfield, Hard to Handle - Otis Redding, and Hold on I'm Coming - Sam & Dave; and he's booked a rehearsal for this Thursday.

Just hope they don't do Hold On.... in E. The opening riff is a b*stard on a tenor.

Good luck - have a blast.

Pjonah

Locality
West Row, Suffolk
Just hope they don't do Hold On.... in E. The opening riff is a b*stard on a tenor.

Good luck - have a blast.

Once you get beyond 4 sharps its a case of play it by ear for me generally, 7 sharps are normal for your Bari/alto player, but somehow its never as bad as you think its going to be.

Any way Nick, go for it and enjoy it, it is a blast, but even more fun is to be had.....picking a band name!:(

Staff online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom