Tutorials

Got the chance to play in a band!!

Nick Cook

Over a year ago now, I registered with Musofinder.com as a beginner sax player and last week I got a reply from a chap wanting a sax player for a soul/RnB band he was starting up.

I replied saying ok and telling him my age and standard, and he still said ok!!!

He sent me some tunes to practise playing over, Move on Up - Curtis Mayfield, Hard to Handle - Otis Redding, and Hold on I'm Coming - Sam & Dave; and he's booked a rehearsal for this Thursday.

He also wanted a guitar player, so my son's coming along too!!

I'm getting nervous!!!

dooce

He sent me some tunes to practise playing over, Move on Up - Curtis Mayfield, Hard to Handle - Otis Redding, and Hold on I'm Coming - Sam & Dave; and he's booked a rehearsal for this Thursday.
Just hope they don't do Hold On.... in E. The opening riff is a b*stard on a tenor.

Good luck - have a blast.

Pjonah

Just hope they don't do Hold On.... in E. The opening riff is a b*stard on a tenor.

Good luck - have a blast.
Once you get beyond 4 sharps its a case of play it by ear for me generally, 7 sharps are normal for your Bari/alto player, but somehow its never as bad as you think its going to be.

Any way Nick, go for it and enjoy it, it is a blast, but even more fun is to be had.....picking a band name!:(

Top Bottom