support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Cheap, vintage saxes?

Jazz Bo

I am overhauling old vintage saxes in my sparetime for fun. Does anybody know where to buy old cheap saxophones in need of an overhaul?
Preferably in europe (to save shipping).

There are always some old saxophone up for auction here:

If you scroll past the Selmers, they have a Buescher and another old horn. Estimates are around £100. I have no experience buying from this site but I like to look from time to time!

I think a Buescher might be a nice horn to overhaul... They are relatively undervalued so you can buy them cheaply, but are pro horns comparable to a King/Conn when overhauled (comparable in quality not in character). It MIGHT be a better idea than over hauling a vintage horn of more dubious origin.

Does anybody know where to buy old cheap saxophones in need of an overhaul?
You'll be lucky. I think if anyone knew s/he'd keep quiet about it!
eBay is not the resource it once was, though one can occasionally get lucky with a Buy-It-Now. Otherwise try local classified ads, antique and junk shops and maybe a request on a FreeCycle-type site. At one time buying from the US was feasible, but now (in the UK at least) import duties make it uneconomic.

I am overhauling old vintage saxes in my sparetime for fun. Does anybody know where to buy old cheap saxophones in need of an overhaul?
Preferably in europe (to save shipping).
I have a couple which I was planning to do up, but life has got busy so I have to accept I won't get round to them. I'll check them out and send you a private message. Posting from England to Denmark isn't a problem, I've done it before.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom