• New!

    Try our new Social Feeds, look out for the navigation icon: . You can now set default social feed view in your account preferences.

Saxophones Carrying a tenor on a (motor)bike?

harley VAB melbourne fla.webp
 
Ooohhh, that made me laugh. Enough to stage this (OK, my bike was out, and I only had to spend 10 minutes extricating the bari case from where it rots in the corner...). Wife (whose head appears, Chad like, in photo 2) thinks staging requires more litter and graffitti 🙂 But now I look at it...this is not out of the question, with some reflective tape applied to each end...
S7000197.webp
S7000198.webp
 
I should mention that was my backup Grassi tenor bubble wrapped in a Hiscox case strapped to my TourPak over closed cell doubled padding. Traveled with it from Missouri to Florida and back, about 3,000 miles total. I did have a rain cover for the case, if needed. No problems.
 
@mark_addy Jawa 350 ?
Right political regime, but wrong country. Ural 650 - this one retains its normal engine. I am meant to be going to a club rally this weekend coming, and am tentatively seeing if I can make it break down beforehand. With all respect to @Detroit Dave , this may be as much as a 130 mile round trip! I won't be taking a saxophone, but will make the weight up in tools and spares 🙂
 
Ural 650 - this one retains its normal engine. I am meant to be going to a club rally this weekend coming, and am tentatively seeing if I can make it break down beforehand.
Nice. Here in US, the latest offering has their 800 cc boxer engine. One overall needs to maintain at least a 65 mph speed in these rural 2 lane road parts, so more cc's help. A motorcycle forum that I used to be active in no longer on-line had a Ural forum within it. I thought it interesting all the neat things these riders did in US, spoke of the strengths and weaknesses, etc.

One spoke of a cross country trek taking secondary roads through Texas, New Mexico, Arizona. On US 60-84 passed through Fort Sumner, 60 miles west of where I live, the town of Billy The Kid's grave. Then before crossing into Arizona on US 60 is Pie Town, NM, an interesting village with an interesting history. Think he and his wife's destination was California.

Even thought of getting myself a Ural with side car. Of course with a side car, it could carry any sax plus other support equipment. Since I am now in my 70's, will have to pass on getting a Ural.
 

Trending

Latest Song of the Month

Forum statistics

Topics
32,272
Messages
576,410
Members
8,087
Latest member
Verenice
Back
Top Bottom