support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Cannonball Tenors

Sorry but have deleted my Cannonball reseller list. This is the frustrating thing about Cannonball.....you have to constantly ask them for dealer information and it is handed out "piece meal". So frustrating!!! Why can't they print a list of where you can buy them? NOT TO PURCHASE ONLINE Cannonball so please don't come up with that excuse!

Still....if you can put up with all the frustrations that their lack of marketing carries they are good horns.

The concept is to encourage folks to support their local dealer closest to them in order to receive fast and convenient one on one support after the sale. With a list of dealers, you could drive around the U.K. and perhaps find a store farther away that sells them for a bit less and buy one there, but you would be sacrificing the convenience of the local store's customer service.

I have worked in the repair shop of a Cannonball dealer and know the level of service after the sale that they are happy to provide. It has been their marketing strategy from the beginning and has been very successful. Unfortunately they can't please everybody. ;}

Don't agree with you at all Jbt. I often travel and given some spare time would visit shops to check certain horns. I will always support my local shop and my frustrations aren't about purchasing online!!! I am not going to start a thread like before but all of the info is there to read. If the support is so good then list the dealers so that I can see the pedigree in the dealers that are signed! Why the mystique? It does nothing in terms of business other than frustrates.

Great horns.........I want a Gerald Albright! Try finding one!!!!

Ryan - please print a list of Cannonball resellers in the UK please. Not "please contact Windcraft"!! Simply print a list of resellers.........please!

Last edited by a moderator:
If they have a profitable business, and they don't want to mass produce, their marketing is working for them the way they want it to. Firms market for their benefit, not the benefit of customers. I find it refreshing and you need only to contact Windcraft, information is really not hard to find. I think you just have a bee in your bonnet on this - and despite that you have a Cannonball and would like another.......

I have a "bee in my bonnet"! And you need only contact Windcraft.............when you have some experience of of trying to deal with Cannonball direct, and on occasion Windcraft, then we can discuss! I don't complain for no reason or just because things are not done the way I would like! So how is this then................I agree the marketing is great and I love the fact that I cannot find out who resells Cannonball in the UK!!! JBT - they are on your doorstep and I appreciate the fact that you don't have to deal with them in the UK.......couldn't resist that one!

Last edited by a moderator:
Calm down chaps. I had a CB for 5 years and although I agree that although communications with the manufacturer are unconventional, they work if you go with the flow rather than expect Yamaha-type efficiency (I asked Yamaha for the age of my 875 and got the reply within 4 hours. It took 2 weeks and a chase-up email to get similar information from Cannonball.). Had no problem with Windcraft, once I found the right guy, and they were always very helpful. Agree that the apparent secrecy over dealers is bizarre though. I've come across CBs in various music shops and although the dealers recognise that the saxes are good, they mutter under their breath about the inability to market them the way they would like and as a result, only ever have a very limited stock. Admittedly, the range is pretty vast and you would be a big dealer to have the capacity to take all the models, but the most I have ever found in one shop is 3, 2 tenors and an alto - and absolutely no interest in getting hold of a demo of any other model if one was interested. No point in telling CB how to market their stuff - these are people that believe implicitly in the benefit of their inset stones, so they aren't going to be persuaded by a bunch of Limeys! If you want one badly enough, you'll find a way of getting one.....

I have a "bee in my bonnet"! And you need only contact Windcraft.............when you have some experience of of trying to deal with Cannonball direct, and on occasion Windcraft, then we can discuss! I don't complain for no reason or just because things are not done the way I would like! So how is this then................I agree the marketing is great and I love the fact that I cannot find out who resells Cannonball in the UK!!! JBT - they are on your doorstep and I appreciate the fact that you don't have to deal with them in the UK.......couldn't resist that one!

Took me about 30 seconds!:

Tenor: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EXC-Canno...184?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19e0979e10

Alto: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cannonbal...236?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c358dbb34

Both in the USA but you're over there soon!

For you other UK buyers looking for a CB Alto (Prof already has one of these) try this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cannonbal...t=UK_Woodwind_Instruments&hash=item1c358c867e

:thumb:

Ryan - please print a list of Cannonball resellers in the UK please. Not "please contact Windcraft"!! Simply print a list of resellers.........please!

Jonathan Myall music aka Just flutes www.justflutes.com or 0208 6628400 stock cannonball saxes so you could try them

or

Sax.co.uk had them in stock when I used to work there.

Sorry to chime in late on this one (was out of the office for a few days), but glad to see a good civilized discussion has evolved :) We're working to increase our UK web presence so more complete and immediate information is out there for those who prefer not to directly phone the distributor. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Shouldn't that be Lisa?
Ironically, Terry Harrington (the bari sax "voice" on the Simpsons" and a fantastic musician) does play a Cannonball alto :D

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom