PPT mouthpieces

Smooth & Fusion Candy Dulfer playing her Inderbinen alto w/ fender rhodes accompaniment

Yes, Inderbinens are seriously good saxophones, it isn't just hyping of an over expensive "boutique" brand, there is something very special about them.

What I found is that the dynamic range is not just enormous, but as you play from one extreme to another you feel that you can keep the tone and intonation totally under control with complete ease. Intonation in general seems very easy to "hear", on some horns I play octaves and have to think very carefully about whether I'm hearing them in tune, with the Inderbinens I tried, it seems you can hear much better when the note is in or out, I presume due to the balance or tuning of the overtones.

I would have bought one on the spot, except that wasn't an option, the lead time was over a year.

Just echoing your thoughts on CD VK, always have admired her collaboration with Dave Stewart on Lily Was Here, a great riff by a very talented sax player.

Be interesting to know what her set up was apart from the Inderbinen alto, and I only wish I could afford one, doubt they come up on Ebay very often!

Cheers,

The Inderbinen is one of the very few horns about which Pete and I agree.
We have very different tastes in horns - I prefer quite a hard, edgy tone...Pete goes for a more rounded, full tone ( to my ears, at least ).
We've agreed about a few horns, but these have usually been vintage or 'semi' vintage designs...like the wonderful Rampone silver tenor.

I would have put a substantial sum of money on Pete not liking the Inderbinen - it was everything I look for in a horn...modern action, free blowing, controlled brightness and not too stuffy down the bottom end.
But - he did - and probably because it's a very, very good horn at the end of the day...and capable of allowing the player to stamp their own sound on it.

I asked Mr Inderbinen if he needed an endorsee...and he very politely pointed to a list of players of the sort of calibre that makes your jaw drop. I guessed it was a no.

Regards,

Shouldn't that be endorser? An endorsee is the thing or person that gets endorsed, surely?

I dunno, it's always bugged me...but clearly not enough to go look it up.
I base my use of the word on the term 'employee' and 'employer'. If I wanted to work for Inderbinen I'd be an employee...and he would be the employer.

Where's Stephen Fry when you need him?

Regards,

I founds this on Zildjan's site:

http://www.zildjianbangedontour.com/es-ES/support/faq.ad2

"What is an endorsement? And is the Artist an "endorser" or "endorsee"?
Put simply, Zildjian's definition of an endorsement is an Artist promoting the instruments he or she plays and prefers, not the instrument company promoting the Artist, though this is a common misconception. Therefore, a Zildjian Artist is an "endorser" because he or she endorses Zildjian. "

I'm not sure that clears it up...

Regards,

I'm with Pete, you're the endorser 'cos you're endorsing the sax. The person employing you is the employer.

Trouble is, it's a bit of a two-way street...which is why Zildjan seem to have a 'policy' about it.
If BrandX gave you a horn in exchange for their being able to say you use one, the message could be read two ways...that you think the horns or worthy of your playing them, and that they think you're worthy of playing their horns.
Both parties get something out of the deal...so who is endorsing whom?

Regards,

I see she's playing a Lebayle these days with the thumb screw from the campagnolo down tube gear changer, wearing a lovely little frock and a nice laughing smile at the end. Oh my goodness me. Sigh.
Signee - spike