All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Cafe Zoom Masterclass / Clinics

Vetinari

Café Supporter
Found zoom help. It says android/ios only show 4 participants. If more swipe left for next 4. I pad upt0 16. 11 inch and 12.9 ipad pro can show upto 25.

rhysonsax

Café Supporter
If we have another trial I might experiment with my proper dynamic mic and interface, both for my voice and saxophone noises, to see whether I can find a volume setting that works for both or how much I need to bring it down to avoid massive distortion and pain when I blow.

I presume that the host / leader will know all about optimum audio settings for their setup, but it would be good to have simple instructions for participants on how best to configure audio settings if they are:
  1. Just listening and talking
  2. Going to be playing saxophone as well as listening and talking
I will have a search around online, unless someone already has a good link to share.

Rhys

nigeld

I don't need another mouthpiece; but . . .
Café Supporter
One important Zoom setting is “Use original sound” - this switches off the Zoom noise suppression, which you need to do if you are going to play an instrument in a Zoom session. Otherwise Zoom tries to optimise for speech and it tries to remove any sound that is not a person speaking.

Pete Thomas

Commercial Supporter
If we have another trial I might experiment with my proper dynamic mic and interface, both for my voice and saxophone noises, to see whether I can find a volume setting that works for both or how much I need to bring it down to avoid massive distortion and pain when I blow.

I presume that the host / leader will know all about optimum audio settings for their setup, but it would be good to have simple instructions for participants on how best to configure audio settings if they are:
  1. Just listening and talking
  2. Going to be playing saxophone as well as listening and talking
I will have a search around online, unless someone already has a good link to share.

Rhys
There is the one here:

But to be honest there isn't much info there beyond switch off background noise and echo cancellation (presuming you have little background noise, and best to wear headphones and turn down computer speakers if you are getting echo.

If Jeanette and /or tenor viol have anotyher tyest as mentioned above you can join in. Maybe today or at convenenient time for all.

One important Zoom setting is “Use original sound” - this switches off the Zoom noise suppression,
Yes.

I think the hifi sound and stereo settings are red herrings. It will probably use up bandwidth with no real obvious sound enhancement for something like a computer Zoom meeting.

Tyhe best improvement may be a USB mic such as a blue yeti, but if so best to mount on a mic stand rather than sit on your desk where it may get some bass boominess (as you can hear in the video in the post link above)

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
You washed the car in less than 50 minutes?
Go back and do it properly.
I did mine this morning, two hours as usual.
It is only small and it was filthy. I need to do the hood and wax it but rain on the way now. I'll do better next time :)

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom