support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Cafe Sax Newbie, Hi Everyone!

gliders1

Locality
Kentucky, USA

Hi Everyone, I'm Carol
Originally from Worcester Ma, a city about 50 miles west of Boston. Started singing in church at the age of 5, playing violin at 6, and picked up the piano, flute, guitar and bass in the following years. I have always had a passion for music, for as long as I can remember. Both of my parents were/are musicians, yet as one of 6 children, I was the only one who followed in their footsteps. The saxophone has been a much more recent endeavor of mine. I have always wanted to play sax because it's such an expressive instrument with a unique sound. After spotting a Yani A880(circa 86-87) in a pawn shop, I just had to own and play such a beautiful instrument!

Hi, big welcome from me.

I'll bite - why gliders? Do you fly as well?

Welcome aboard Carol from another relatively new member. You'll find, as I have, a wealth of experience and advice available here from some very friendly experienced saxophonists.

Hi, big welcome from me.

I'll bite - why gliders? Do you fly as well?

Hi Kev, haha good question! I have little sugar gliders as pets. My hubby and I have had Heidi and Houdini for almost 9 yrs. They are our children.

Welcome aboard Carol from another relatively new member. You'll find, as I have, a wealth of experience and advice available here from some very friendly experienced saxophonists.

Thanks Profusia! I think I'm gonna like it here, and you're right-I've learned alot already just by looking around the site.

You're most very welcome indeed Carol. I'm from near Worcester myself. (Worcester in the "old country" that is! ;} )

Welcome to the caff©, Gliders.

Sugar Gliders would be no use over here, too much rain.

ENJOY!​™

Hi Gliders welcome to the Cafe I have some very happy memories of a short stay in Braintree used to go into Boston to buy books. Must have changed by now with all these shopping malls and the like. Regds. N.

Welcome Gliders. I bought a sax from a pawn shop in Raleigh, North Carolina when I stayed there for 6 months back in '86-'87. Couldn't get a note out of it and took it back the next day! Didn't attempt to play a sax again until about 6 weeks ago. It's addictive! :)

Hello and welcome.

I live in Shropshire, north of Shrewsbury and today I drove past Worcester (as in Worcestershire!) en route to Tewkesbury (Gloucestershire) on business. Round trip of a bit over 200 miles. Done it 4 times in the last 10 days, which is a bit annoying...

I'm sure you'll have lots of fun.

Hello Gliders and a very warm welcome to you. I hope you enjoy your great sax.

Jim.

Back
Top Bottom