support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Busking weather's back!

Taz

Busking Oracle
Whhoo hooo, I just spent three glorious hours on the streets of Coventry blowing my little heart out!
The sun was shining, there was hardly any wind and the streets were full of people. What more could a busker want? Not much really. I had some lovely comments on tune choice and a couple on my tone. One little old lady came up to me as I was packing up and said with a dead straight face "It's your fault!" "Oh, sorry," I said, "what is?" She replied "I should have left town and hour and a half ago, but I just couldn't stop listening to you. Lovely!" she threw in some coins and wandered away chuckling to herself.
I walked back to my car with a very broad grin!

Pretty much back here as well. I've gone maybe 12-14 times since the new year and most of those have been since February started.

Overcast but not raining. It's the best weather in my opinion.

What a load of Woooooses. There's a pitch for any weather. Get your thermals on and learn to play in gloves. I saw my mate busking his flute in the rain with a golf umberella over his shoulder.

Of course if you're using a PA and backing tracks it's not so easy.

I had a couple of days off today and yesterday to give the lip a rest. Four days playing a four hour session on the trot is a little wearing.

Learned a couple of new tunes today.

I've not seen the forecast for tomorrow but I'll be up early and at them.

What a load of Woooooses. There's a pitch for any weather. Get your thermals on and learn to play in gloves. I saw my mate busking his flute in the rain with a golf umberella over his shoulder.

Of course if you're using a PA and backing tracks it's not so easy.

I had a couple of days off today and yesterday to give the lip a rest. Four days playing a four hour session on the trot is a little wearing.

Learned a couple of new tunes today.

I've not seen the forecast for tomorrow but I'll be up early and at them.

Good luck today what were the tunes you learnt ,takes me weeks or even months to learn a new tune ,knock em dead ....John

One little old lady came up to me as I was packing up and said with a dead straight face "It's your fault!" "Oh, sorry," I said, "what is?" She replied "I should have left town and hour and a half ago, but I just couldn't stop listening to you. Lovely!" she threw in some coins and wandered away chuckling to herself.
I walked back to my car with a very broad grin!

Very cool :D

What is it about you and little old ladies Taz? >:)

Seriously, making music is about sharing and entertaining. I'm glad you're doing this so well! I often wonder how many musos get away from the up front performing and realise just how much pleasure they bring into people's lives. It's a huge gift and one that too many people take for granted.

Not quite busking weather here yet. I went to test my new flugelhorn mouthpiece on the shore nearby, and could only manage a little over 20 minutes before the horn simply would not play in tune anymore, and the tuning trigger on the 3rd valve had frozen stuck.

Not quite busking weather here yet. I went to test my new flugelhorn mouthpiece on the shore nearby, and could only manage a little over 20 minutes before the horn simply would not play in tune anymore, and the tuning trigger on the 3rd valve had frozen stuck.

Guess your back's getting better, great!

You must be tougher than me, it can't be as cold here as in Finland, but I wouldn't have even thought of going outside today.