support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Accessories Brush for keywork and body

Rogerb

Locality
Costa Blanca, Spain
I have been thinking it would be useful to have a soft 'thin' brush with which to dust/polish the areas behind the keywork which elude fingers and cloths.... any ideas?

What about pipe cleaners?

Can you still get em?

mamos

Hi Roger,

I've used artists hog haired brushes for years for cleaning this and that and felt a bit dumb for not thinking of it when Mr Howard suggested using one for getting in amongst the keys and tone holes.

They are relatively cheap and if you get oil on it from the rods a quick bit of lighter fluid cleans it up nicely. I use a size 10 but a smaller one might be useful as well.

I'd say it works well for cleaning but polishing, I think that might be pushing it, for that you could always try wrapping a corner of your polishing cloth on the other end of the brush handle and see how far that gets you.

All the best,

Chris.

Thanks for the ideas....the artists brushes would probably be good for getting the dust out.
Just have to be careful of the metal ferrules.
I think a very soft bottle-type brush, with 'helical' bristles would be ideal....I have one for mouthpieces, but the bristles are a bit too stiff for lacquer.

The pipe-cleaners & cotton-buds are OK for the really small gaps, but I was thinking more of the large areas just too small to get your fingers into.

My daughter bought me soft and thick brush that is suppose to be used toghether with powder for the cheeks!!. Works fine on my saxes, but I don't have modern keywork with lifters, adjustscrews .... . A can with compressed air is also fine.

Thomas

I have been thinking it would be useful to have a soft 'thin' brush with which to dust/polish the areas behind the keywork which elude fingers and cloths.... any ideas?

Yup

Not bothering >:)>:)

(Sorry Roger, I know that's not helpful)

Jon

Perhaps I should have phrased the question differently, Jon ;)

I don't know what your sax(es) is/are like, but I only just got this one, all very bright and shiny.....so I'm like the man with the new car, cleaning off every little spot of dust.
I'm sure it won't last ... although I did look after my Hanson pretty well for the few years I had it.
(My 9yo car certainly doesn't get such love bestowed upon it :D )

What about pipe cleaners?

Can you still get em?

mamos
You sure can, use 'em all the time. Even tried them on me sax:)))
Don't work though, on the sax that is, just let the grime build up and then call Kim and Aggie:)))

Back
Top Bottom