support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Book of beginner studies with recordings

Boo

Locality
UK
Hi,

I am looking for a book of beginner level studies with recordings available so I can compare what I am doing with a reference ? The Ferling Etudes are available on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdUp34nANl0xdiowhE62Ia-Caw_GIKCej but I am not at that level. The availability of recordings is important to me because I am self-learning and don't have anyone to pick me up on stuff, otherwise I would go with "80 Graded Studies for Saxophone" which gets good reviews.

Anyone know of a good beginner level excercise book with web or CD recordings to go along with it ?

Thanks,

I am not familiar with any method books that come with recordings, however there are several solo books that have a recording of a professional player playing the song and the accompaniment alone. Music Minus One has a good selection of both jazz and classical styles.

I've a few guest spot books. They're good.

Take a look at SOTM on the forum, there's plenty to download along with backing tracks, and members uploading their recordings.

Depending what level you're at, it may be worth getting some lessons. I've made huge improvements with my tone, timing & sight reading following some lessons.

Also a tune a day shows notes fingerings and has backing tracks...

Alto or tenor?

The Saxophone Method by John O'Neal is the latest series of books That is only currently available for alto. Tuition books 1 and 2 plus repertoire books 1 and 2. The audio tracks are free to download so you can have a listen and then buy the books of you think it's your thing.

His earlier book The Jazz Method for Saxophone is a tuition book with some decent pieces in and has audio available for both Alto and Tenor. The notation is the same for both just the audio recording is pitch shifted to suit.

This series for most popular instruments used to ship with a CD, but I think the audio content may have to be accessed online these days. You could always look at auction sites for older editions.
Anyway here's the link. Other outlets may do them cheaper so it's up to you .