support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Jazz Body and Soul

@Torgaloukos sax - great version in 5/4 , full of energy in the band with sweet singing, i really like it.

@Colin - Aubra is a legend, great on anything he plays.

I love Brazilian singers in general ( I didn't google her but I guess) I had a Brazillian friend when I lived in Germany, and her sister used to send a compilation cassette of all the current songs. What impressed me was all the songs that were Top of the charts, could be enjoyed by the teen and the grandfather at the same time. Unlike the Top of thr Pops here. But Body and Soul.... I prefer a male or a low female voice for this, Sinatra did a great version in his late 70s.

I love Brazilian singers in general ( I didn't google her but I guess) I had a Brazillian friend when I lived in Germany, and her sister used to send a compilation cassette of all the current songs. What impressed me was all the songs that were Top of the charts, could be enjoyed by the teen and the grandfather at the same time. Unlike the Top of thr Pops here. But Body and Soul.... I prefer a male or a low female voice for this, Sinatra did a great version in his late 70s.

She is american that I know of and I think she hails from portugal or something, rather than south america that is. Not hundred percent sure on this but I think i recall her talking about it in an interview I read somewhere. Anyways, yeah I don't consider it the best version or even my most favourite. Just a really interesting and different one. She is supposed to be a very promising talent in the new jazz scene.

P.S. I really love the way Aubra Graves is playing Emily on tenor, one of my favorite pieces.

She is american that I know of and I think she hails from portugal or something, rather than south america that is. Not hundred percent sure on this but I think i recall her talking about it in an interview I read somewhere. Anyways, yeah I don't consider it the best version or even my most favourite. Just a really interesting and different one. She is supposed to be a very promising talent in the new jazz scene.

P.S. I really love the way Aubra Graves is playing Emily on tenor, one of my favorite pieces.

I like that, she's American, but she hails from somewhere else. Like they say to be a New Yorker it's a state of mind. The Braziian accent is softer than the Portugese, and to be honest I did think she had something different, but not enough for me to pick up on.
BTW if you like Emily have a listen to Paul Desmond's ver.

I like that, she's American, but she hails from somewhere else. Like they say to be a New Yorker it's a state of mind. The Braziian accent is softer than the Portugese, and to be honest I did think she had something different, but not enough for me to pick up on.
BTW if you like Emily have a listen to Paul Desmond's ver.

Spalding has a diverse ethnic background. Her father is African American and her mother is of Welsh, Native American, and Hispanicdescent. She also has an interest in the music of other cultures, including that of Brazil, commenting: "With Portuguese songs, the phrasing of the melody is intrinsically linked with the language, and it's beautiful." By Wiki :)

And yeah it's one of my Paul's favorites, if not the most. :)