support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Rock & Pop Blues Beatles

Do I detect a certain ammount of disdain for a 12 bar blues, do you feel the same way about a 16 bar calypso?
The question begs asking Colin - How many chords does it have to have before it can be rated as talented in your rolling eyes? ;)

Well, well, I posted this in the - Videos - Rock & Pop section quite simply for the Sax solos.
After all it is the Cafe Saxophone.
I assumed it would appeal and may be of interest to the Rock and Pop saxers amongst the Cafe brethren.
Seems to be turning into a typical Caf-Sax OT diversion.
Please excuse me if I too roll my eyes.

Well, well, I posted this in the - Videos - Rock & Pop section quite simply for the Sax solos.
After all it is the Cafe Saxophone.
I assumed it would appeal and may be of interest to the Rock and Pop saxers amongst the Cafe brethren.
Seems to be turning into a typical Caf-Sax OT diversion.
Please excuse me if I too roll my eyes.
Oh, don't get me wrong Spike, I like it. Very much. Beatles and saxophones (AND blues) is a wining combination. Thanks for posting.
Watched a few more of theirs and really like their version of Yesterday.

Nah ! Just the Beatles. :p
Lovely bunch of lads, always very polite, full of fun and nonsense and playful mischief.

For anyone who took the trouble to listen to anymoréh of the Brazilian Blues Beatles, some of their other offerings that I've listened to in the meantime sound a little rough in places. I really like some of the licks the sax player does but is it me or is my compudah running slow? His altissimo often sounds slightly out of tune. May of course be my old buccan' ears.

I like the saxplayer and I think he sounds ok. Is he pressing up .... . A player that I think is playing in the same style as Sax Gordon and Bill Holloman???

Bill Holloman around 2:00. Out of tune? Or at the right pitch? Who cares.
View: https://youtu.be/rUpP7CnW4yA

Is it just me that that the best songs made by "The Beatles" were recorded by others. I talked to a guy that was in the house band back 1963 when the came to Stockholm. He thought that they couldn't play!?!?!

The Beatles music is great music and can be placed in other grooves as well with good results. On of my favourite is "It's Only Love" with Gary US Bonds. A more "soul touch" groove. Produced and arranged by Miami Steve/ Little Steven Van Zandt and Garry Tallent. Both members of the E Street Band. And don't forget the big saxsound that Clarence Clemons add to this song.
View: https://youtu.be/ASGG-pLzj8A

Do I detect a certain ammount of disdain for a 12 bar blues, do you feel the same way about a 16 bar calypso?
The question begs asking Colin - How many chords does it have to have before it can be rated as talented in your rolling eyes? ;)
I remember a great put down by a violinist I used to work with. our somewhat smug guitarist announced his new song had 32 chords in it (or some such number), with the obvious implication that it was better because of this. Dave's response- "Tell me, how many chords do you actually NEED to say what ever it is you're saying here?"

I was given a book for last christmas. "Beatles for Sax".. its actually very good!.. It has alto and tenor lines with the chords for accompanists.. Wot Larks!! Especially "I am the Walrus"" excellent arrangements!!

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom