support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Rock & Pop Best music video ever?

Wade Cornell

Locality
New Zealand and Australia
I generally hate music videos where the band thinks they have to be in every scene lip syncing their latest single. Seems like as formulae for teenage groupies rather than a serious effort at art or communication. OK, that's the preamble (ramble?). This video still has the band, but is absolutely amazing in a real and physical way. There is enormous depth, humour, a point of view, everything one wants in great communicative art. And you can see it 10 times and still get more out of it. Unbelievable direction and ideas, but seems so simple on the surface and almost unassuming. Check it out:
http://vimeo.com/22542166

Very debateable about it being the best video ever ? which is probably why you put a question mark at the end, it is a good video but possibly the worst song ever ? ;}

Can't say I disagree with you about the music, which I mostly ignored as I'm not a fan of this type of music particularly, but I'm a fan of interesting uses of video and the visual media. That's what's of interest to me. The "band" are really just the musical background to the video, and the clowns that jump around in front. Not very different to all the other rock music videos one sees. The creativity has nothing to do with the band. It's whoever produced and directed this who was the creative spark.

Very clever and I can see they put in alot of effort.
I guess its so hard to get noticed as a band these days so watever works.
one gimmicks as good as another if you win an award thats a bonus.

This one :

Stand By Me

Not for visual creativity, but for the sheer accomplishment and "feelgood"ness of it ....

Can't watch this without feeling uplifted.

Two great and very creative videos. I had not seen the Peter Gabriel, which certainly had lots of extremely creative elements in it. Once again probably had nothing to do with Peter Gabriel and the real creative genius behind this remains in the shadows.

Stand by me is a classic that I had seen, and thought very clever as a concept. I think that was the first of it's kind and was quickly copied as a relatively inexpensive way to tell a story that wasn't going to cost half a million dollars to film and edit. The creators are most evident (showing themselves filming and recording) continually remind you that it's their creative process and the "talent" is everywhere around and probably free.

One wonders what the budget might be for the extravagant videos often produced.

Two great and very creative videos. I had not seen the Peter Gabriel, which certainly had lots of extremely creative elements in it. Once again probably had nothing to do with Peter Gabriel and the real creative genius behind this remains in the shadows.
Wasn't it made by Ardman, they of Wallace and Gromit fame?