PPT mouthpieces

Benefits of playing instruments

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Café Supporter
Extract from Daily Mail

"Playing an instrument fights memory loss. Muscians have fewer age-related memory problems, says a study at Chicago's Northwestern University. It's believed playing music strengthens connections between brain cells"

At least if if I am not sounding too good I am doing some good.:welldone
:sax::sax::sax:

So keep on blowing everyone, now where did I put my sax.:confused:

Jx

Red hair = warning colouration >:)
41215f792edacafc952d311d9ff1f871.jpg

When my doctor found out how long I had been a smoker he was incredulous when he saw my oxygen reading, which is quite good. I told him I had returned to saxophone-playing a few years ago; he said he would recommend that to some of his other patients. One more benefit of playing music.
Would playing the piano help? >:)

A debatable subject.
There was a method, heavily advertised on Downbeat few years ago, that I always dismissed as BS.
Also Oliver Sachs says somewhere on his "Musicophilia" that perfect pitch cannot be achieved.

I have a friend (former trombone player in my sextet) that definitely got it using the Downbeat course. BUt he is quite a special musician.

Sometimes I wake up in the morning and try to think of a B on soprano (concert A=440). Then check with an instrument and find out that I was right. It has something to do with the "colour" of the note, rather than the relation with other notes.
Not many people with perfect pitch actually enjoyed their gift/skill. One had to give up playing because his PP went flat and EVERYTHING sounded sharp to him. A living hell.