PPT

Saxophones Beginner alto sax advice please

beginner's mum

Well thank you everybody for all your help and advice both on and off forum. I am sure you will be pleased to know that we went for jonf's lovely Yamaha rather than the ultra-cheap Chinese option and my daughter is delighted - she even managed to get some decent notes out of it!!

Thank you all!

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Well thank you everybody for all your help and advice both on and off forum. I am sure you will be pleased to know that we went for jonf's lovely Yamaha rather than the ultra-cheap Chinese option and my daughter is delighted - she even managed to get some decent notes out of it!!

Thank you all!

I think you've got a bargain there. It would have gone for a lot more in Germany... I'm sure it'll do your daughter proud!

jonf

Locality
Betelgeuse

Thank you all!

Really pleased to hear she's already got some decent notes out of it - as I said last night, I thought she would given that she can already play the clarinet. I hope she's very happy with it.

saxplorer

Locality
Surrey, UK
Looks like an excellent example of this forum doing a really good job. I'm impressed!

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Café Supporter
Locality
Whitchurch, North Shropshire UK

Thank you all!
I'm really pleased you've got a real 'win-win' result. I wish I'd started playing at your daughter's age - I started singing lessons in my mid-30s, started the viol in my mid 40s and just started sax in the last few weeks in my ealry 50s.

Good luck.

Two Voices

Locality
United Kingdom
I had a Windcraft Alto and looking back blamed it for problems I was experiencing on the outset and hated. Played one again since and have to say it is a well built and very playable sax so gets the thumbs up from me :D However, if you are looking for something that will last then seriously take a look at getting a second-hand Bauhaus-Walstein or a Yamaha.

Happy blowing,

DB Blue :cool:

Featured

Top Bottom