support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Beginner alto sax advice please

Well thank you everybody for all your help and advice both on and off forum. I am sure you will be pleased to know that we went for jonf's lovely Yamaha rather than the ultra-cheap Chinese option and my daughter is delighted - she even managed to get some decent notes out of it!!

Thank you all!

Well thank you everybody for all your help and advice both on and off forum. I am sure you will be pleased to know that we went for jonf's lovely Yamaha rather than the ultra-cheap Chinese option and my daughter is delighted - she even managed to get some decent notes out of it!!

Thank you all!

I think you've got a bargain there. It would have gone for a lot more in Germany... I'm sure it'll do your daughter proud!

Thank you all!

Really pleased to hear she's already got some decent notes out of it - as I said last night, I thought she would given that she can already play the clarinet. I hope she's very happy with it.

Thank you all!
I'm really pleased you've got a real 'win-win' result. I wish I'd started playing at your daughter's age - I started singing lessons in my mid-30s, started the viol in my mid 40s and just started sax in the last few weeks in my ealry 50s.

Good luck.

I had a Windcraft Alto and looking back blamed it for problems I was experiencing on the outset and hated. Played one again since and have to say it is a well built and very playable sax so gets the thumbs up from me :D However, if you are looking for something that will last then seriously take a look at getting a second-hand Bauhaus-Walstein or a Yamaha.

Happy blowing,

DB Blue :cool:

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom