All profit supporting   special needs music

Been playing a while, thought I'd finally join.

Roy_Cropper

Roy_Cropper

I'd love to know what year mines from. It wasn't new when I got it. I do know it's one of the older models though as it has pearl keys, I think they switched to plastic on the later models. I keep meaning to email yamaha to ask them the date.

nigeld

nigeld

Too many mouthpieces
Café Supporter
Locality
Bristol, UK
I'd love to know what year mines from. It wasn't new when I got it. I do know it's one of the older models though as it has pearl keys, I think they switched to plastic on the later models. I keep meaning to email yamaha to ask them the date.

I found out the date of my Yamaha bari by emailing Yamaha customer support with model and serial number.
UK.Support@contact.europe.yamaha.com

Roy_Cropper

Roy_Cropper

Thank very much for that. I've just emailed them. I've always wanted to know.

Mikeymike

Mikeymike

Nice video and welcome, I live over in Heywood so not to far away from you, although very new to sax...as in 3 days ago haha

richardr

richardr

Mike, has Tony told you about his gig at the Black Bull, Langho on 27th March. I intend to go and it's not a million miles from where you live.

Mikeymike

Mikeymike

Mike, has Tony told you about his gig at the Black Bull, Langho on 27th March. I intend to go and it's not a million miles from where you live.

Hi Richard, yes i spotted that, if i'm free i will head over! just waiting on family arrangements.

Roy_Cropper

Roy_Cropper

Nice video and welcome, I live over in Heywood so not to far away from you, although very new to sax...as in 3 days ago haha

Cheers Mike, I'm new here myself, seems a very friendly place though. Well done on taking the plunge, the sax is a fantastic instrument. I'm sure you'll love it.

kevgermany

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Easter Sunday gig.... Hmm.

richardr

richardr

I think Kevs tempted to join you
The more the merrier, Tony said, so am I to look forward to seeing either or both Kevs? (For Tony's information, Trimmy's real name is Kev and while Langho's a bit of a haul from the Pool of Life, it's not out of the question. Germany probably is.

Roy_Cropper

Roy_Cropper

That would be fantastic, I've never met any other sax players on a gig, then all at once there's two or three, great stuff. Just had another gig come in if anyone's interested. It's with the girl and guitarist that were in the video I put up, playing that kind of stuff. It's at the Withy arms in Leyland on Thursday 24th. Just putting it out there in case the other ones not makeable.

Tenor Viol

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Café Supporter
Locality
Whitchurch, North Shropshire UK
Welcome to the caffè

Next step is to change your legal name to "Roy Cropper". Here is how:
Change your name by deed poll - GOV.UK

Defore joining the forum my name was Donald Trump and I had a slight american accent.

(edit: I was also rich)
No money

ProfJames

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
Heywood? Monkey town. I know it very well. I used to dink in the Seven Stars and at the squash club. My son lives down the road in Newhey. Part of the Barnes family.....

Greg Strange

Greg Strange

Locality
Hamilton, Waikato, North Island, New Zealand

Hey Tony,

This may be of some interest to you...

Yamaha YAS62 alto saxophone review

Cheers,

Greg S.