support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Accessories Baritone bags.. help required..

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
I'm not in the habit of mixing work related stuff with my forum habit but i'm going to make an exception as I'm in need of some information, which- hopefully- someone here might know.
Selmer baritone bags- the wheeled ones that look like golf trolleys- Can anyone give me a definatlve yeah or nay as to whether a low Bb baritone will fit in one (Conn Crossbar ot be exact). We've not got a low Bb Baris to test this out and, quite frankly, i'm stumped.....

Hi Jules.

Is the "Selmer baritone bag" a hard case and the one that is supposed to be the same as the BAM wheeled case (same dimensions, but not as good materials I have heard) ?

If it is the same, then I can pop my Conn 12M into my Bam case and see if it fits. I know that the BAM case can take a Bb baritone but have a suspicion that the bell flare on the 12M may be too big.

Rhys

No- its actually a a canvas padded bag.. I'm thinknig the bell flare being about 10" lower on a Conn is going to be too much of a stretch half way down the inside...

Can't help directly as I haven't seen one of those bags, but my 12M has got a big one (bell flare that is). It doesn't fit in the Berkely bari hard case that I've got (don't really like those anyway) and it's a tight squeeze in an old Martin shaped case that it came in.

I really don't like the idea of storing and moving saxes in canvas or leather bags, but if that's what people want ......

Rhys