support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Mouthpieces bari mouthpiece

oldblower

Locality
basingstoke
Well went and got a Bari only really to put in the new music room, its the dining room really but is music themed, but stuck a tenor mouthpiece on the end and it plays pretty well.
The sax is a dearman super, no idea how old it is but would think old 50s or older maybe. Its rough and untidy with some poor soldering and looks well used but for some reason i like it.
What to do about a mouthpiece just to give it a proper try?
My questions are,
Whats a good cheap mouthpiece
Or could someone lend me one just to give the thing a proper blast before i tidy up the repairs and set up.
thanks in advance

I just bought a bari, and there was a Rico Royal B5 with it. Works really well, won't break the bank, either. So good I haven't tried the other mouthpieces I bought from Davey yet..

I've got some you could choose from for a loan. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Rhys

I just bought a bari, and there was a Rico Royal B5 with it. Works really well, won't break the bank, either. So good I haven't tried the other mouthpieces I bought from Davey yet..
+1 for RR. I'm playing on a B7 and quite happy with it. Will post a sound clip or two from Saturday's gig when I get round to extracting them from the recording.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 for Rico Royal and Rico Metalite. Rapid reeds have a bari Metalite B5 for £22.20 inc postage.

I play Bari with a nice safe Selmer S80 C* lay. Very full tone and easy blowing. I bought the rico metalite to try. Very decent price. I went for the M7. Very easy to play, free blowing. A much thinner tone, more rock and roll sound.

I got a HR Otto link baritone piece from eBay for about £60, iirc. Works well on my 2 vintage baris, imho.

I'm on my 1st baritone i owned ever and have had 2 Metalites which were ok,a Bari USA metal,not very good.Bought a PPT of Pete for my bari as my PPT tenor piece was so good and it just plays so much better than the above.Yes more cash but the ppt bari power mp is great.

For cheap but good you really can't beat a Metalite M7

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the great advice guys, am arranging a loan to try some first and then will decide, will let you all know how it goes.

Runyon Custom bari mouthpiece... in a medium-to-wide tip opening!

Big band, ensemble - work 6* yanagisawa ebonite.
Jazz - Rousseau 6*
Rock pop - Dukoff D6
If I could have only one it would be the Dukoff (it can be tamed). Sax Conn 12 Xbar.

Back
Top Bottom