This was probably the first free jazz record I bought. Early 70s - from Dobells.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7aTTQPMn_c
It's got hummable stuff.
But mostly, at the time, I was listening and seeing the British lot, particularly anyone associated with Elton Dean. His first solo album (nowadays credited to his band Just Us) is still a favourite.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DFbSABaeYw
Here's the front line of Just Us in Bromley.
Then there was the really free players, such as Evan Parker and Paul Lytton. I don't play this one quite so often.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuHMDWNGemI
It's got hummable stuff.
But mostly, at the time, I was listening and seeing the British lot, particularly anyone associated with Elton Dean. His first solo album (nowadays credited to his band Just Us) is still a favourite.
Here's the front line of Just Us in Bromley.
Then there was the really free players, such as Evan Parker and Paul Lytton. I don't play this one quite so often.
