support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

AUDITION :/

Locality
Maine, USA
Hey all,
I'm heading to a music camp for a week, and need a good swing and jazz piece to audition with. Alto or tenor, it dosent matter. I've already raked the internet for standards, like Take Five and Green Dolphin Street, but am interested in more submissions.... I'm not 100% sure what they count as swing and jazz, or if they will take improvisations. I can play almost anything intermediate to lower level expert tunes. This does have to be learned in a week though. :(

P.S. I already own the Omnibook, Charlies tunes are too tough to tackle in this timeframe. Thanks!

Plenty plenty to choose but I'll throw a few your way..
Straight no Chaser
Blue Monk
St Thomas
My Little Suede Shoes

Good luck with the audition :thumb:

Good luck with the audition :)

Jx

That sounds like great fun. I agree with Colin to pick a couple of tunes you know and like and that are within your comfort zone. Remember an audition is a place to show what you can play, not what you can't. I would think that any song that does not have even or straight eighth notes would qualify as jazz or swing.

Thanks guys, I was just looking at something from a Aebersold book, Maiden Voyage. Might go with that or take five. I don't know a lot of jazz standards, (something I have to work on), and am just starting to dapple with improvising. Kinda a challenge to hunt down good music online imo..... :/ Anyway, thanks for the help!

Take Five !!! Certainly not an easy one..best of luck :thumb:

Thanks guys, I was just looking at something from a Aebersold book, Maiden Voyage. Might go with that or take five. I don't know a lot of jazz standards, (something I have to work on), and am just starting to dapple with improvising. Kinda a challenge to hunt down good music online imo..... :/ Anyway, thanks for the help!

If you are looking for backing tracks you can subscribe to the forum and have access to lots of free ones or contact @Chris for something specific.

Jx

If you can play take five, play that. I wouldn't call it an intermediate tune.