Tutorials

Audio Interfaces

Chris98

Bet you wish you'd never asked, I know I would.

Martin
Sorry, it wasn't my intention to confuse/overload or otherwise make your decision making harder than necessary.

Best wishes and good luck,

Chris

Mikec

I have an AKG 2000B condenser mic which I find excellent. It's now been superseded I think. I haven't tried any of the interfaces you mentioned; I have an E-MU 1820 which has been excellent too. I suggest that as many Inputs on your interface as you can afford is a good idea, as you may well want to record yourself with friends at some stage. It also means you can use lots of external MIDI modules which are available cheaply second-hand, should you wish to. Good luck, recording is great fun.

Chris98

Protools

I'd not realised that Avid/M-Audio/Pro Tools (what ever they want to call themselves) have released a new and even cheaper range of hardware & software packages for the budding home studio:

£79 gets you either a USB Mic and Pro Tools M-Powered Essential software or a Fast Track USB audio interface with the same software: Pro Tools M-Powered Essential

What's a little annoying is that they used to do a free version of Pro Tools, very limited in features and tracks but it gave you enough experience to know whether Pro Tools was for you or not without having to spend loads of money.

Top Bottom