support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Astor Piazolla tangos

PaulM

Locality
West Berks
If you like the music of Astor Piazolla you may be interested in a CD I've recently got from Amazon. It's called Two to Tango by the Aurelia Saxophone Quartet; accompanied by a piano and a bandoneon. I've been playing it a lot of late and thoroughly enjoying the experience.

The double CD is a recording of a live concert they performed in Amsterdam of Piazolla tangos in the 90's. The total playing time is over two hours. Amazon has the CD at the horrendous price of two pounds fifty - which was the reason I bought it in the first place. I thought if I ended up with a turkey, at least it would be a cheap one. I didn't expect to enjoy it so much. If you like this kind of music grab a copy while they're still available.

only one left now.... Cost me as much in psotage as the CD...

only one left now.... Cost me as much in psotage as the CD...

Sorry to hear that, but at least twice as much as not very much is still relatively cheap. I dunno why, but I got mine post free. It may be that it was part of a larger order. Hope you like it when it arrives.

Talking about liking things, our local Waitrose is now stocking Franzsiskaner hefe weissbier. I think it tastes just as good as when I had it down your neck of the woods, but more research is required to be absolutely sure.

Did you go .com or .co.uk or .de Kev? I've just ordered from .co.uk for £2.50 and free P&P, with two left in stock

Mel

As you diverted your own thread, Paul, Waitrose do have a very wide selection of beers. They do Bitburger, which is liked in my family and this morning I noticed Danish Tuborg. I developed a liking for that, over Carlsberg, when I lived in Copenhagen. I have not yet seen the Latvian black beer that I had a few years ago in Riga... but on the other hand I'm not sure I want to.

Did you go .com or .co.uk or .de Kev? I've just ordered from .co.uk for £2.50 and free P&P, with two left in stock

Mel

.de had it for about 20 euros, so I got it from .co.uk and had to pay postage to Germany. Not complaining, if I'd used a UK address it would have been posted free.

As you diverted your own thread, Paul, Waitrose do have a very wide selection of beers. They do Bitburger, which is liked in my family and this morning I noticed Danish Tuborg.

I've only drunk Bitburger once. We were on a cycling holiday in Luxemburg and had a day out across the border to Bitburg and did the brewery tour. Very dry stuff if my memory serves me correctly. Okay, need to get the thread back on track. Does anyone know if Piazolla preferred German beer or Tango?