support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Anyone had a fight witha music stand?

Rogerb

Locality
Costa Blanca, Spain
As I may be joining the band whose rehearsal I attended today, I bought a nice strong-but-compact, German-made music stand (I think they are fairly common...it's a Wittner).
Trying to follow the unfolding diagrams on the box was a laugh, so I did the typically male thing...just went for it ;}
Well, I won, eventually ....and probably faster than trying to understand the pics, but there were moments when I was in serious danger of bending it irreparably :shocked:

....Now I have it erected....will I ever get it back into the box? (My collapsible aluminium & nylon gazebo has so far resisted all such attempts).

I shall have to send for my hyper-IQ youngest daughter .... we always used her for building flat-packs :)

As I may be joining the band whose rehearsal I attended today, I bought a nice strong-but-compact, German-made music stand (I think they are fairly common...it's a Wittner).
Trying to follow the unfolding diagrams on the box was a laugh, so I did the typically male thing...just went for it ;}
Well, I won, eventually ....and probably faster than trying to understand the pics, but there were moments when I was in serious danger of bending it irreparably :shocked:

....Now I have it erected....will I ever get it back into the box? (My collapsible aluminium & nylon gazebo has so far resisted all such attempts).

I shall have to send for my hyper-IQ youngest daughter .... we always used her for building flat-packs :)

Little ears up, big ears down, then open it up. Reverse instructions for disassembly. If it's any more complicated than that, you bought the wrong stand!! :)))

Mart

Got it...thanks, Mart .... excellent aide-memoire!

If your errected music stand lasts for more than 4 hours, you should seek immediate medical attention to avoid possible permanent damage!

substitute any word of your choice for "music stand" :) ........ BTW, I discovered the Spanish word is "un atril" .

It may be advisable for you to never go on the beach at Blackpool they have things called deck chairs there:))):)))

Yes, they were amputating fingers long before baby buggies were thought-of!!

Not much danger of my ever venturing on B'pool beach, though!!

There's a famous sea side place called Blackpool.
That's noted for fresh air and fun.
Where Mr and Mrs Ramsbottom went there.
With young Albert ......there son

A fine li..... etc, etc

Yes I intend to view the aforsaid place........right soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
I gave up a while ago on the spindly music stands - too much of a faff. I use a solid black one (Stagg and Quik Lok) with a decent place to rest you music on - never looked back. (can be found at about £20 in UK). Not very portable is the only drawback, but they do come with a case, and easy to set up.

Poor You!:shocked:;}
Kind regards
Tom:cool:

I once had a fight in which I used a music stand......

A very intelligent (Masters in Psychology) friend who has been playing sax for as long as I have still needs guidance and supervision when trying to fold up a music stand, and has trapped her fingers on more than one occasion.

In a desire to have something sturdy yet lightweight and uncumbersome, I persuaded Mr Bottom to buy me a RAT Jazz stand for my last birthday. He splashed out for a case for it too, into which I can also get all my music, the band's attendance registers, my specs and, most importantly, an emergency bottle of Stella. At around £80 quid for stand and case it wasn't a cheap deal, but one of the best presents he's ever bought me.

Last edited by a moderator:

A fine li..... etc, etc

Yes I intend to view the aforsaid place........right soon!

Hi jimu

If you get to my home town while I'm there I'll get my brother to give you a rendition of the Blackpool Belle a song about the train from Manchester to B/pool I think you'll love it...john

Yeah, deckchairs came to my mind as well. At least there should be no danger of getting trapped in a music stand when the tide comes in.
So Jon, it was you that nicked a busker's music stand for a weapon when a bunch of yobs had a fight in Croydon North End the other month was it? And there was me blaming OG.
YC

Nah, wasn't me, YC.

Not enough time to sharpen the edges and wrap the rest in razor wire. >:)

A fine li..... etc, etc

A friend of mine has a recording of this spoken by the late Stanley Holloway, along with the sequel about the insurance man. Hilarious!

Edit: My favourite line is
Nobody drownded; nothing to laugh at at all..

Little ears up, big ears down, then open it up. Reverse instructions for disassembly. If it's any more complicated than that, you bought the wrong stand!! :)))

Mart

I had exactly the same "fight" when I first started with the band only for a young lady to say this same thing to me.. :)))

Back
Top Bottom