support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Another newbie from Derbyshire/Notts

saxii

Locality
Derbyshire, UK
Hi,

It's great to see a few fellow sax players from The Derbyshire/Notts area.

I've just joined, i play; alto, soprano, and sopranino saxes (not sure play is the right word for the latter, more like a determined grapple actually!). I also play flute, Clarinet, EWI (electronic wind instrument) and a bit of piano.

I play regularly in a local saxophone quartet, and in a 9 piece saxophone ensemble called Equinox saxophone ensemble (based around Nottingham). I play solo when time allows, teach part time, and enjoy composing a great deal. I take lessons from an excellent teacher in Nottingham, and my favourite music includes Piazzolla, Bozza, Irish music/laments, as well as more light hearted comeny sax such as Weidofts 'Sax-o-phun!'

I'm looking forward to going on the Nottingham saxophone weekend in a couple of weeks....Friday to Sunday saxophone....bliss!:)

I hope this is o.k to post a link, here's a selection of my compositions for woodwind; http://www.reverbnation.com/keridegg

hope I can add something in some way to this lovely forum :)

Hello Keri and welcome to the Cafe :) Very impressive webpage and website. Enjoyed listening to your "Fuerza Tranquila" piece. Glad you're here ;)

Welcome to the caff, Keri.
ENJOY!

Thanks everyone for the lovely welcome, i'm looking forward to visiting regularly :-D

Hello Saxii. Nice to see another Midlander here, even if it is Nottingham. There'll soon be a small army if we carry on at this rate (would have to be a Blue Army, though.;})

Hi Keri,

What's this Nottingham Saxophone Weekend then!? I play sax in Nottingham a lot...

Welcome to the cafe, keep in touch!

Nick

Hi Keri
Welcome to the forum from NZ

Cheers & ciao
Jimu

Hi Nick,

The sax weekend is taking place at the Hayes conference centre in Swanwick this year; http://www.saxday.co.uk
If you teach for the Derbyshire music partnership (i'm not sure if you do, but I do vaguely remember another sax teacher called Nick) you'll have been there a few times before!

I enjoyed working for the partnership for a couple of years, but after careful consideration decided I really wanted to follow my dream of composing, best thing I ever did, much happier now :0)

Ah no, I avoided working for Derbys - I just freelance both gigging and teaching!

I had a look at the website - might make a date for next year, since this year's event is full. I've signed up for the email!

See you around I'm sure, thanks,

Nick

Welcome Keri, nice website. very soulful pieces of music. Phil

Hi Keri,

Welcome from another neighbour :) Thanks for the Saxday link! I've signed up for the single day as I'm only a beginner.
There are some great sounding tracks on your site, well done.

I had a look at the website - might make a date for next year, since this year's event is full. I've signed up for the email!
Same here - that and the fact that we have a rather important gig on the Saturday afternoon. I have, however, posted a link onto our band's Facebook page.

I'm wondering about the June day. I class myself as intermediate, having been blowing for around ten years now, so not sure where I should pitch myself.

Welcome to the cafe Keri. Lovely stuff on your web site. Your ethereal tone, especially on alto, suits your compositional style beautifully.
Colin

Great site and I enjoyed your tracks... very good.

Welcome to the Cafe, nice to have you on board.:welldone

Back
Top Bottom