support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Another from the USA

AlanT

Locality
Mechanic Falls, Maine
Hello everyone! My name is Alan Theberge and I love the saxophone, something I got from my father who loved Boots Randolph. I am a fan of Pete's work and have a PPT mouthpiece on order as well as 'Taming the Saxophone' -something I may never do, but have fun trying. I've been a member of SOTW since about 2003 and thought it would be nice to join here. Though I dabbled on and off with learning the sax in my youth I didn't play for many years until about six years ago and have been playing ever since. In 2004 I joined a large community band and it's been a great learning experience, all those tempo and key changes on the fly was new to me (I never played in school) so I was lost for the longest time but I stuck with it and now it's great fun and a good source of fellowship. Of course I like to play and record stuff on my own too but my talent is limited and I am pretty much a lifer as an amateur. It's a great hobby to have and I am honored to share it with all of you.
Here is a sampling of what I look/sound like> My Soundclick Songs :sax:

Welcome AlanT. Enjoy the good advice and the madness in the cafe.
I've just joined a sax ensemble and know exactly what you mean about tempo and key changes on the fly!
Colin

Welcome to the cafe Alan, you got some nice sounds going on there and I recon that there's definitely a Boots thing going on there, could that be an influence from your Dads love of the great man?

Welcome Alan, with so many Americans joining, do you want to rejoin the British Empire and be entitled to drink Camp Coffee? :D
I'd advise not.
Enjoy.

Hi Alan and welcome from Sunny Radcliffe.happy blowing :)

Peace

Flipp

Thanks all and Taz -my father only had a Boots album or two, I on the other hand after I got hooked bought every Boots album/cassette/cd I could find and I would not doubt there is a tad of influence there albeit applied with much less ability.

old git - My roots would bring me back to France & Germany but I wouldn't mind a spot of tea anyway. ;}

Hi Alan, very impressive recordings there, welcome to the cafe,

regards, Phil

Hi Alan, welcome. Had a quick listen to your playing. ( I'm at work ) great to see Angel eyes on there, i'm doing that track for my Christmas concert in my band.
It's great to see so many American friends joining, it makes the world seem smaller. I'm sure you'll enjoy the forum or as we now call it the " CAFF ". Welcome Phil aka "thehunt">:)

¡Hola! Alan, welcome to the cafe from Spain. That's good stuff you've got on Soundclick, streets ahead of what I can get out of these blowy things so far! Have fun here ...

Hi Alan and welcome from Vermont - thanks for including the link, it was great to listen to.

My father was crazy about Boots Randolph as well, I wonder if it had anything to do with Benny Hill?

Enjoy the cafe - it's a great resource.

Such nice comments from all! Thank-you very much. I look forward to the fellowship that only comes from forums like this. Hey Lori, I love Vermont -beautiful rolling green hills..I live in Maine -not to shabby itself!

Last edited by a moderator:
Some great playing Alan, welcome from farther west, at the end of the earth, well it feels like it.......;}
Richard

Back
Top Bottom