PPT mouthpieces

Amy Winehouse has died.

Taz

Busking Oracle
Locality
Rugby UK
This, for me, is very very sad news indeed. Such a young life lost. She was a fabulous artist and could have been amazing, had it she not lost her way in life.
She will be sadly missed.

Well said Taz.

Thoughts are with her family and real friends at this sad time.

Tragic loss of a life. I know her lifestyle was a choice however addiction is such a powerful illness and I fear she was 'egged on' by many who should now hang their heads in shame. She joins the '27' club of Hendrix, Joplin, Jones and Morrison. I hope her troubled soul will now find peace.

Such a waste of a very talented singer/songwriter, loved her voice and style on stage, was lucky enough to see her perform and perform well.

Just thought i'd add my fave song of Amy's

Love this version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfC6CCtZjxk

Last edited by a moderator:
Tragic loss of a life. I know her lifestyle was a choice however addiction is such a powerful illness and I fear she was 'egged on' by many who should now hang their heads in shame. She joins the '27' club of Hendrix, Joplin, Jones and Morrison. I hope her troubled soul will now find peace.

Amy Winehouse singing Valerie

So tragic. I really loved her music.

PS. Just to set the record straight, contrary to the popular press, Hendrix was not an addict. His death resulted from an accidental overdose of sleeping pills of German manufacture that he didn't realize were extremely more powerful than the American variety.

"That that burns brightly, burns out soonest." and like Icarus, flew too close to the Sun.

Guess that proves my signature is correct.

What a waste... very sad, great talent yet a very troubled soul.

Can't add more to the above.......

There has been some very unkind things said about Amy, not here I hasten to add. I wonder how many of her “critics” would continue to live an ordinary “sober” life if they were thrust into the limelight, with all that goes with it?.... There is no denying that Amy had been in self destruct mode for some time, but that doesn’t make it any the less tragic. She had a rare talent and who knows how far she could have taken it. I have loved her singing from the moment I first hear her. She had a voice, a soul, and she was a real individual for sure, not just another voice lost in the crowd.

A sad day for many.

I just watched BBC2's tribute to her, with the aid of a box of Kleenex for men.

It should be available to see on the BBCiplayer for seven days.

I just watched BBC2's tribute to her, with the aid of a box of Kleenex for men.

It should be available to see on the BBCiplayer for seven days.

Wish I could watch it myself.... cant get BBC downloads here in NZ:(

To be repeated on BBC 3 on Wednesday 10 August - not sure of the time

Quite so Sue.
BBC3 on Wednesday 10.8.11 at 21.00 and Amy at the BBC at 21.40

I might even watch it again if I fancy a blub.

Just thought i'd like to post this beautiful song which was released today.....
View: http://youtu.be/94hkcXuFhXc

enjoy

Tony Bennett commented, "We had a beautiful time recording together in the studio and I knew that Amy was very happy with how she performed that day. I thought she was absolutely brilliant and this recording truly captures the essence of her unique artistry. She was a rare talent".

Just thought i'd like to post this beautiful song which was released today.....
http://www.vevo.com/watch/tony-bennett-amy-winehouse/body-and-soul/USSM21101620

enjoy

Tony Bennett commented, "We had a beautiful time recording together in the studio and I knew that Amy was very happy with how she performed that day. I thought she was absolutely brilliant and this recording truly captures the essence of her unique artistry. She was a rare talent".

Hey Trimmy

Thank you for the link. That was soulful.
I hope that more of Amy’s talent gets airtime now that she’s gone. The tabloids love picking up on the bad stuff when people fall off the wagon, but seem to have a harder time showing the good stuff they accomplish. There won’t be so much mileage in showing the unflattering photos and video clips now, hopefully.

I wish I had a tenth of her talent.

Back
Top Bottom