support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Mouthpieces Alto Dukoff alternatives?

so how do you get a Dukoff to fit on a flugelhorn? or did I miss something?

No problem! Make a saxophone mpc pipe to insert to your brass. I can play on an old valve trombone with my tenor mouthpieces! High screaming tones. Don't ask me in what key! I just play it by ear.

I would say your ST+ is more similar to a Dukoff.
I still prefer the ST though.

Beechler Bellite is the favourite of a Sambornite friend of mine. I have never seen one inside.

I'm intrigued to know what a Sambornite is - I've heard of ebonite, Sodomite and even Triumph Dolomite, but never Sambornite - I'm picking it's something to do with the guitarist Richie Sambora (?)...:rofl:

Greg S.

Help me out Aldevis
The tension is killing me
What did you mean?
:rofl::rofl: @aldevis put him out of his misery :)
For once I was serious: I do not know the internal shape of the mouthpiece. It sounds like a good Dukoff should sound if you are into that sound, but I do not know if it has a similar baffle.
Once I even asked Gary Smulyan if I could see the inside of his Otto Link.

I'm intrigued to know what a Sambornite is - I've heard of ebonite, Sodomite and even Triumph Dolomite, but never Sambornite - I'm picking it's something to do with the guitarist Richie Sambora (?)...:rofl:

Apart from the typo (Sanbornite is the correct term)...
The suffix -ite could indicate "similar material to" like Metallite or Hammerite, but also "adept", like Luddite or Polite (an adept to pole dancers). The suffix -itis indicates pathological affection.
One could be a Sanbornite, without suffering from Sanbornitis or using a mouthpiece made of 100% Sanbornite™.

Once I contracted Breckeritis and it actually helped a lot my practice routine, but affected my self esteem. That came together with a phase in which I assumed San Born was the protector of alto saxophone players, and will help them to sell records playing commercial music. I used a Bari metal, Jumbo Java, Guardala studio. Then I heard Mark Russo with Yellowjackets and went back to a Meyer.

Did he let you look?
Yes. An interesting metal baffle added by some LA guy in Smulyan's Woody Herman years.

Exchanging fours at sax.co.uk:

9671_472847216100801_133931050_n.jpg

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom