All profit supporting   special needs music

M/Pieces - Ligs Alto Dukoff alternatives?

altissimo

altissimo

Locality
leicester
so how do you get a Dukoff to fit on a flugelhorn? or did I miss something?

Greg Strange

Greg Strange

Locality
Hamilton, Waikato, North Island, New Zealand

I was wondering that myself - from Bobby Dukoff to a flugel horn...?:headscratch:

Greg S.

thomsax

thomsax

Locality
Sweden

No problem! Make a saxophone mpc pipe to insert to your brass. I can play on an old valve trombone with my tenor mouthpieces! High screaming tones. Don't ask me in what key! I just play it by ear.

kevgermany

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Y
What a beautiful thing. I was clicking through these and wishing I played brass. :)
You shouldn't have bought that Vibrato sax...

Greg Strange

Greg Strange

Locality
Hamilton, Waikato, North Island, New Zealand
I would say your ST+ is more similar to a Dukoff.
I still prefer the ST though.

Beechler Bellite is the favourite of a Sambornite friend of mine. I have never seen one inside.

I'm intrigued to know what a Sambornite is - I've heard of ebonite, Sodomite and even Triumph Dolomite, but never Sambornite - I'm picking it's something to do with the guitarist Richie Sambora (?)...:rofl:

Greg S.

aldevis

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Locality
London
Help me out Aldevis
The tension is killing me
What did you mean?
:rofl::rofl: @aldevis put him out of his misery :)
For once I was serious: I do not know the internal shape of the mouthpiece. It sounds like a good Dukoff should sound if you are into that sound, but I do not know if it has a similar baffle.
Once I even asked Gary Smulyan if I could see the inside of his Otto Link.

I'm intrigued to know what a Sambornite is - I've heard of ebonite, Sodomite and even Triumph Dolomite, but never Sambornite - I'm picking it's something to do with the guitarist Richie Sambora (?)...:rofl:

Apart from the typo (Sanbornite is the correct term)...
The suffix -ite could indicate "similar material to" like Metallite or Hammerite, but also "adept", like Luddite or Polite (an adept to pole dancers). The suffix -itis indicates pathological affection.
One could be a Sanbornite, without suffering from Sanbornitis or using a mouthpiece made of 100% Sanbornite™.

Once I contracted Breckeritis and it actually helped a lot my practice routine, but affected my self esteem. That came together with a phase in which I assumed San Born was the protector of alto saxophone players, and will help them to sell records playing commercial music. I used a Bari metal, Jumbo Java, Guardala studio. Then I heard Mark Russo with Yellowjackets and went back to a Meyer.

aldevis

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Locality
London
Did he let you look?
Yes. An interesting metal baffle added by some LA guy in Smulyan's Woody Herman years.

Exchanging fours at sax.co.uk:

9671 472847216100801 133931050 n

aldevis

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Locality
London
Interesting; he's a V16 B9 endorser these days

He played that too, but i feel the B9 is his spare. Cafemember Jonf was there too, BTW.

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom