• New!

    Try our new Social Feeds, look out for the navigation icon: . You can now set default social feed view in your account preferences.

Miscellaneous Alternate names for tunes you play on gigs

An American chain of photo developing kiosks in the 1970's and '80's. Someday My Prints Will Come, 🙂

upload_2015-10-12_18-11-55.webp
 
This is slightly different but along similar lines. I used to know a singer who turned her back to the audience as she sang "Una Paloma W*****r". Nobody ever noticed except the band.
 
I will not go deep into this, but my dialect sounds convincingly "Spanish" to foreign ears.
Several profanities appear when I have to do backing vocals, understandable only to Triestins...

I know of a Brazilian singer doing similar things in Portuguese...
 
I worked in the same music store as a master luthier and violinist from Mexico. We were listening to Astrud Gilberto sing the Girl From Ipanema and I asked him what is the difference between Spanish and Portuguese. He said if you get a Mexican really drunk, he sounds like he is speaking Portugese.
 
Some alternate names for singers/musicians -
Cliff Richard -> Stiff Pilchard
Dusty Springfield - > Rusty Springboard
Burt Bacharach - > Burt Backache
Andre Previn - > Andrew Preview
Shirley Bassey - > Burly Chassis
 

Trending

Latest Song of the Month

Forum statistics

Topics
32,263
Messages
576,119
Members
8,083
Latest member
Reedswinds
Back
Top Bottom