support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Advice on buying pro soprano?

I try make noise out of a s-901, but I don't have the magic. When I take it out of the case, will say that everything works. Thank God that my show only consist of 20% soprano.. My daughter said that I should X it, but trying to fill the dream.
Does it need to go to a tech?

Tonight I bought a Selmer Soprano Series III which I had tried last July alongside a Yanigasawa S-WO37 (I already play an alto SA80 II and a tenor Series III so I’m in familiar Selmer territory). Changed the standard S90 C* mouthpiece for a Phil Tone Sapphire and kitted it with Legere Signature 2.5 which, after playing briefly, appeared maybe a tat too hard. Can’t wait to play it again in the days to come. As I’m new to soprano, any tip when starting is welcome

Tonight I bought a Selmer Soprano Series III which I had tried last July alongside a Yanigasawa S-WO37 (I already play an alto SA80 II and a tenor Series III so I’m in familiar Selmer territory). Changed the standard S90 C* mouthpiece for a Phil Tone Sapphire and kitted it with Legere Signature 2.5 which, after playing briefly, appeared maybe a tat too hard. Can’t wait to play it again in the days to come. As I’m new to soprano, any tip when starting is welcome

Sweet pumpkin pie! Congrats on the new SOOOOePRRAAANOO

I am going to the Liverpool Sax Day later today... @Jeanette may like to know that IF the right instruments are there....

On the general point about buying saxes, ignore the name - try them and see what works for you. I've probably written before about an afternoon I had a year or two ago at Woodwind Exchange in Bradford playing 4 different tenors: a Yani, a Yamaha 62, Keilworth, and a Selmer Series II I think (might have been a III). Of the 4 the one I wouldn't buy was the Selmer - I didn't like the ergonomics of it. The other three were all good: I really liked the ergonomics of both the Yanagisawa and the Yamaha. The only thing for me against the Keilworth was its weight - it was very heavy and it was before I had my Jazzlab Saxholder and it was too much pressure on my neck.

Back
Top Bottom