support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones A great student sax doesn't need to look like a student sax

jbtsax

R.I.P. in memoriam 1947 - 2023
Café Supporter
I've finally finished my side project which was to test Caswell's B929 Nickle stripper on nickle sax keys, Aircraft Paint Remover on Yamaha's notoriously tough baked on epoxy lacquer, to try out Renaissance Wax, and to give my grandson something to do while helping me in the shop this summer. This was a beat up YAS-23 I picked up on Ebay for a good price because of the body damage and missing neck.

Did those products work? Yes! Did it keep my grandson busy? You bet! Would I do another one?
Not on your life. It is way too much work, but I did learn a lot by doing it once.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the photo, it looks like the nickel keys and brass body have come out the same colour/texture. Is that the case in reality?

I'm just about to apply Renaissance wax to my raw Grassi Tenor, just back from polishing and bare of any keys, rods, etc. Any tips? I'm concerned about getting the wax into places where cork or felt needs to be applied. I guess the tech will clean these areas anyway with a solvent before using adhesive?

Back
Top Bottom