support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

60-240 tempo using a metronome...

Mike

This drum metronome starts out at 60 bpm and progresses to 240 bpm over a 10 minute session.

I truly recommend using this particular metronome, as opposed to the steady diet of one tempo which can get boring. It's all I use now.....

Possibly others may enjoy using it if they don't already....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Effd4NvoACw

nice catch, i think i found a new practice toy thanks to you Mike, cheers for that, really useful posting :thumb:

This would be excellent training to be able to play gigs with drummers who speed up the tempos. >:) (Been there, done that.)

Hi mike
tried to listen, but sometimes the wi-fi is slow with the iPad. ie. takes ages to load. Will listen tomorrow with the Desktop. Thanks.

Is it Jim, or James? My grandson's name is James and I could never
find myself calling him Jim.....Whatever your preference is.....

I really recommend it for practice.
Yeah, I like the concept of working on something and having it progressively
speed up in tempo. The progression isn't fast, it's paced well. I was using this all day today and it really makes a difference.
Everything that you play becomes solid under your fingers. With a static metronome I've found
after awhile that it becomes a tad laborius. With this progressive drum metronome I found more and more things to work on because you could actually hear the evolution as you continually adjust the tempo of your playing with the tempo of the metronome.

You aren't looking at the clock, so to speak, as in....Did I practice for an hour yet? You forget that and before you know it a couple of hours has gone by.

Great tool to have.........And I think others should dabble with it. Personally, this is best thing that I found online that I could share where others could benefit from it.

The end result is that you're commiting your playing to a subconscious level faster. For those who are just starting out, try using it if you're working on major and minor scales. You can gauge your progress in 10 minute increments.

Use it well and much success in everyone's progress.....

Is it Jim, or James? My grandson's name is James and I could never
find myself calling him Jim.....Whatever your preference is.....

I really recommend it for practice.
Yeah, I like the concept of working on something and having it progressively
speed up in tempo. The progression isn't fast, it's paced well. I was using this all day today and it really makes a difference.
Everything that you play becomes solid under your fingers. With a static metronome I've found
after awhile that it becomes a tad laborius. With this progressive drum metronome I found more and more things to work on because you could actually hear the evolution as you continually adjust the tempo of your playing with the tempo of the metronome.

You aren't looking at the clock, so to speak, as in....Did I practice for an hour yet? You forget that and before you know it a couple of hours has gone by.

Great tool to have.........And I think others should dabble with it. Personally, this is best thing that I found online that I could share where others could benefit from it.

The end result is that you're commiting your playing to a subconscious level faster. For those who are just starting out, try using it if you're working on major and minor scales. You can gauge your progress in 10 minute increments.

Use it well and much success in everyone's progress.....

Hi Mike. Only James on Sunday LOL.:) Jim is fine......Had a listen, will give it a try. BTW If you need a variation of this let me know, perhaps similar over a shorter period of time.or different rhythm ie latin..... it is easy to create with the music prog. ie Sonar.
Jim

Hi Mike. Only James on Sunday LOL.:) Jim is fine......Had a listen, will give it a try. BTW If you need a variation of this let me know, perhaps similar over a shorter period of time.or different rhythm ie latin..... it is easy to create with the music prog. ie Sonar.Jim
Thank you, Jim

I was recommended this to help with my timing. Really useful.

I also needed a steady beat, so found some steady beat drum metronomes on YouTube. A few also display the counting.

If, like me, you have been avoiding and find it hard using an electronic beeping metronome, try this one or a steady drum beat one. What a difference the drum makes.

Thanks for this, I saw it recommended on another thread and gave it a whirl. Sooo much better than the tedium of a metronome. :)