• New!

    Try our new Social Feeds, look out for the navigation icon: . You can now set default social feed view in your account preferences.

Miscellaneous 50th Anniversary of the British Invasion

the creative genius of Lennon and McCartney.

Paul McCartney! The man that gave us Oladi Oblada and that Christmas song.

I am unfair: he also wrote the "Liverpool Oratorio". :rofl:

Alleged conversation during a recording session
PMC: "I despise jazz!"
ST: "Not as much as jazz despises you"
 
It amazes me how a few Beatles songs still get 20-year-olds up on their feet when we do a pub gig. String together Can't Buy Me Love/I saw her standing there/I Feel Fine and play them about 180 bpm and they could wreck the joint. Don't get it personally, I've never been a huge fan but their music still connects to people across an astonishingly wide range of ages and cultures.
 
It's not about the group, it's about the music they created. No other group has left the world with so many memorable songs. I am only familiar with a fraction of the overall total which is over 200 original songs that they wrote and recorded, since I stopped buying their albums when I went away to college, but I know at least 42 of their songs. I can't say that about any other artist or group. I am quite honestly surprised that the "Fab Four" from Liverpool are not more highly regarded by their countrymen.
 
It's not about the group, it's about the music they created. No other group has left the world with so many memorable songs. I am only familiar with a fraction of the overall total which is over 200 original songs that they wrote and recorded, since I stopped buying their albums when I went away to college, but I know at least 42 of their songs. I can't say that about any other artist or group. I am quite honestly surprised that the "Fab Four" from Liverpool are not more highly regarded by their countrymen.
Who said they are not highly regarded?
 
I didn't get into the Beatles as a 70's youth 'cos they seemed old hat

Likewise the Stones

Instead I was torn between Pink Floyd and punk

That would have been a no contest..............punk all the way. Clash, Pistols, X Ray Spex, Joy Division, Slits, Television, and on
 

Similar threads... or are they? Maybe not but they could be worth reading anyway 😀

Trending

Latest Song of the Month

Forum statistics

Topics
32,262
Messages
576,071
Members
8,083
Latest member
Reedswinds
Back
Top Bottom