support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

2 legends at Ronnie Scott's over the next 2 weeks - Lou Donaldson and Benny Golson

nakedlunch

Locality
London
Hi all,

I have already posted that Benny Golson is playing Ronnie Scott's this Tuesday/Wednesday. In addition Lou Donaldson is playing the same venue 28th - 30th May.

I am amazed that both these acts were not sold out weeks ago and I'm pretty disillusioned that a top Jazz club can have acts like Manhattan Transfer and Curtis Stigers selling out months ahead whilst legends like Golson and Donaldson still have plenty of tickets left, right up until the doors open. But I guess that is democracy for yah!

Cheers
Ben

Re: 2 legends at Ronnie Scott's over the next 2 weeks - Lou Donaldson and Benny Golso

I wanted to buy a ticket for Golson. Then I realized that it is quite expensive for my budget, considering that any drink I will buy will be overpriced, and that I will see one out of two sets.
On their website they seem to focus more on the trio (not Golson's band) than on Golson...

I don't know... maybe I will miss one of the events of my life....

Re: 2 legends at Ronnie Scott's over the next 2 weeks - Lou Donaldson and Benny Golso

I confess that I a jealous when I see the artist you get to pick and choose from over there.

Wayne shorter is coming to our town in June. That will likely be the big jazz event of the year.

I wanted to buy a ticket for Golson. Then I realized that it is quite expensive for my budget, considering that any drink I will buy will be overpriced, and that I will see one out of two sets.
On their website they seem to focus more on the trio (not Golson's band) than on Golson...

I don't know... maybe I will miss one of the events of my life....

What you could do is buy a standing ticket - these are sometimes the best as it means you can sit at the bar. Also I believe that there are actually two sets per night - though yes, he is not the only act on the bill

Wayne shorter is coming to our town in June. That will likely be the big jazz event of the year.

The best concert I've seen in my life involved Wayne Shorter. I still get goosebumps when I think of it.

What you could do is buy a standing ticket - these are sometimes the best as it means you can sit at the bar. Also I believe that there are actually two sets per night - though yes, he is not the only act on the bill

You are right. Maybe i will go there on the night. I usually do not recommend the first set (if there are two on the same night), because they kick you out at about 9.30

The best concert I've seen in my life involved Wayne Shorter. I still get goosebumps when I think of it.

You are right. Maybe i will go there on the night. I usually do not recommend the first set (if there are two on the same night), because they kick you out at about 9.30

Sorry, I meant that although they play with a break, once you are in you are in - they will not kick you out. They only run a 2 house thing at the weekend

Back
Top Bottom