support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

It was a good night on BBC4, not only 1959 but Ronnie Scott's and Sonny Rollins.

Was there any standard ballad Rollins did not quote during his intro to "Dearly Beloved"? If the English Rugby fifteen could play with as much passion as Rufus Harley used on "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot" on the great Highland Bagpipes, even New Zealand would tremble.

Get iPlayer going NOW.

Sincere thanks to aldevis for highlighting this fantastic set of programmes; I've just watched the 1959 compilation and the two Sonny Rollins offerings and feel blown away (I think that's the hip term for it). I reluctantly confess to remembering the 1959 scene from the first time around when I was steeped in other kinds of music and failed to appreciate it for what it had to offer. This is now rectified andf I can't get enough of it. The downside is that I cannot hope to achieve any sort of emulation of the greats if I live to be a hundred and eighty. Heigh ho - back to the Lego.

Again, thanks for the pointer.

Dave

My monthly internet usage allowance is running out, but I NEED to download that youtube video.

I swear I will not buy a Grafton alto.

1959 was the greatest year for all sorts of things and people!
And I am unanimous in that !
mollysugden.jpg

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom