support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Wireless mic and reverb effects

Check out the warning at the bottom. Just saw it;

As long as you don't melt the circuit board, sniff the fumes then drink the molten plastic and metals then you should be okay. ;)

The attached photo is from E Bay this week. Looks like an upgrade on the positioning of the transmitter and a smaller transmitter itself.

That's the updated version. More expensive but has all the things the older version needs - properly attached (and replaceable) mic, mutli-channel receiver.

SAM ASH website. Product info;

You Are Now Free to Roam About the Stage.
Featuring the world's smallest clip-on transmitter with a shockmounted microphone and adjustable gooseneck, this frequency-agile UHF wireless system provides high definition sound and 300' of reliable wireless operation for saxophones, trumpets, trombones and other wind instruments.

ATX-tend Your Reach
The AWX system continues Samson's longstanding commitment to wireless innovation. Designed to be an extension of your instrument rather than a separate component, the ATX Wireless Transmitter clips directly to your instrument bell with no beltpack or cable necessary and lets you rule the stage with confidence. It provides infrared sync to wirelessly match the receiver and transmitter frequency, easily accessible Gain and Mute controls, a battery life LED indicator and an 8-hour rechargeable lithium-ion battery.

Mic the Wind
The ATX transmitter features a HM60 condenser microphone with 3-point halo isolation mount to minimize any noise caused by mechanical vibration. The mic capsule offers a supercardioid pickup pattern that handles up to 125dB SPL, ideal for handling the sudden attack of wind instruments. The HM60 also offers an 8.5" adjustable gooseneck (with P3 connector) for optimal mic placement in front of your instrument’s bell.

Road-agile
Offering frequency-agile operation, the system's rack mountable CR99 Wireless Receiver provides 80 selectable channels for reliable performance no matter where you are. The receiver's True RF Diversity design minimizes dropouts, while tone key technology prevents unwanted noise when your transmitter is off or out of range.

AWX Wind Instrument System
  • Frequency-agile UHF wireless system
  • 80 operating channels across 24MHz bandwidth
  • Clips directly to instrument bell (no beltpack or cable required)
  • HM60 condenser microphone capsule with supercardioid pickup pattern
  • Up to eight simultaneous systems per frequency band (region dependent)
  • AC adapter and rackmount kit included
Get your Samson AWX Wind Instrument Wireless System today at the guaranteed lowest price from Sam Ash Direct with our 45-day return and 60-day price protection policy.

WARNING: This product contains DEHP, a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects and other reproductive harm.

Things You Will Get:
  • CR99 Wireless Receiver
  • ATX Wireless Transmitter
  • HM60 Condenser Microphone
  • 8.5" Gooseneck w/P3 connector
  • Removable 1/4-wave antennas
  • WindscreenAC adapter
  • Rackmount kit
  • Owner's Manual
See all Samson Instrument Wireless Systems

Hi John

That’s interesting something is keeping Gear 4Music and Sax.co.uk from buying the Samson Airline 77 in . I asked both and though previously stocked its no longer and not in the future either.
Back to the drawing board, I need to practice anyway maybe getting too distracted by the promise of delay and echo. Or I gamble and buy direct from a Sansom dealer in America.

Well Chris, I had never seen or heard about the DEHP issue. I did find several online stores in the states that have posted;
"Status Not Available "

At any rate there are many other units on the market to consider and if you want delay and reverb/echo it is probably best, as previously suggested to use a separate rack mount unit. Good luck.