support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

What to charge?

Taz, I was much like you, never been self employed until I retired, after which I started as a self-employed consultant. Very important to get yourself a good accountant. Mine has been very helpful. May not cost more than a few £00 a year, but one of the first things you learn is that his fee is tax deductable, so I just sent him back the invoice with the invoices for the first tax return he did for me! Same for MU membership, like any professional association you are a member of (I'm a Chartered Fellow of the Institute of Personnel and Development). And the HMRC site should tell you how to register for self-employed NI contributions as well - only about £12/month.
Good luck!
YC

Thanks again to all the help and advise that you've all put forward. Luckily I'm not in too much of a hurry to do this so, with a bit of leg work and reading, I should be able to set up a good business in the music industry!

Taz, professional musician!

I think it sounds great

(although I may be permanently skint......OG Do you still do loans at 1,000,000,000% APR repayable within ten minutes or "Big Ron" comes to tea?)

No Taz, YC is being needlessly modest. He is also a Chartered Member of the Institute of Personal Destruction and what's the point of having a dog and barking yourself?

A decent interest rate including an arm and a leg though. Nothing as paultry as what OG quotes ( that's why he's broke).

Barking I may be, but I haven't got to personal (ie self-) destruction just yet.

Back
Top Bottom