support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

What note is this?

BrianJoeSandy

Locality
Daventry near enough
You get high E by playing G and high F key. Then F by taking off the G finger. Now take off the A finger. What do you get? I guess it is in the next octave. Seems very high. Tried to upload but mp3 uploads not allowed.

I think you can can a variety of note with that fingering (just octave jkey and front F, right?). But the one that pops out for me is somewhere round a D4. You can make it into a D by adjusting the voicing.

You get high E by playing G and high F key. Then F by taking off the G finger. Now take off the A finger. What do you get? I guess it is in the next octave. Seems very high. Tried to upload but mp3 uploads not allowed.
Should have said I am using the octave key and I am on a tenor. I now notice the note comes out more easily with the side Bb key down too.

On some saxes the front F key alone will produce a high G.

I must be having brain fade. recorded it and put into Transcribe. It is a tenor D6 or D7 or D8. D7 and D8 are off the scale
Ignore that. Tried again. It's off the scale with transcribe. I play E6 F6 F#6 then almost G6 then two more that I want to identify. Using the front F key and the side Bb key and F# key for the first note then take off the F# for the second. I am talking tenor and it is a Mauriatt PMXT 66R
View: https://soundcloud.com/brianjoesandy/what-notes

D4 and D#4 (using the usual sax notation where bottom Bb is Bb1).
Haven't you got a tuner?

D4 and D#4 (using the usual sax notation where bottom Bb is Bb1).
Haven't you got a tuner?
Thanks for that. So that is D an octave above the high D I can play with standard fingering.
I have tuners but none that go that high. What are you using?

Thanks for that. So that is D an octave above the high D I can play with standard fingering.
I have tuners but none that go that high. What are you using?

Do you have a smart phone? Tuner apps are abundant and cheap. I have one that was like $4.99 and does everything from tuner to metronome. You can either let the tuner tell you what the note is or you can hit the button and it will play the tone for you to hear.

Using two tuning apps on my phone I got D, D#, E (one of them said D5 etc) all rather sharp to varying degrees.